but I think it’s time to retire it.
www.discovercard.com/ Game Changer! Out to Change the Way You Think About Credit Cards.
www.doh.state.fl.us/ Fresh Florida Fish a Great Idea, Get Healthy Life Style Ideas Here
www.johnsonville.com/Healthy-Meals Find Easy & Healthy Recipes w/Johnsonville's Chicken Sausage
www.lawrys.com/Recipes Try our Recipes & Create Delicious, Easy Meals any Day of the Week!
www.campbellsfoodservice.com/ Serve up great taste & nutrition. Find recipes and ideas here!
Adar has written 6 entries about this goal
Wow, who knew that tabouleh was easy?
Chop up a cup or so of parsley, a tomato or two, some cucumber, a sprig of fresh mint, and maybe some cilantro (not traditional, but it was good.)
Toss with prepared bulgar. To make that, pour 2 cups boiling water over 1 cup bulgar, let it sit covered until the water is absorbed.
Dress with oil, lemon juice, a shake or two of salt, pepper, and cumin. Delicious. I just did it to taste, but there are recipes online.
Bulgar is a kind of wheat, more nutritious than rice. Fluffy and easy to make (I murder rice each time, but the bulgar was fine.)
Next time I’m going to use less parsley and more cilantro and put some black beans in it!
1/2 cup of Quick Oats (not instant)
Put in a bowl.
I can add a small handful of dried fruit (optional)
Heat water as for tea in my electric teakettle
Pour 1 cup boiling water over Oats.
Cover (with a plate or saucer) and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes.
Delicious, easy, and much better for me than instant oatmeal!
Rinse, trim and halve a bunch of brussels sprouts.
Spray with olive oil.
Dust with salt, fresh ground pepper, and garlic powder.
Put in a metal pan in a 450 oven for 15 min. Stir or shake every 5 min. or so.
is not junk food (unless it’s loaded with sugar, you gotta watch that.)
I keep an individual pack of salmon jerky in the car. It’s expensive, yes, so I am not tempted to snack on it, but when my body is howling that I need to EAT but there is no time or worse, nothing but fast food is available, I can eat something quick and nutritious. I think of it my “break glass in emergency” food.
always struck me as a sorry stand-in for a meal. However, if I add 1/2 cup of cooked lentils to pretty much any canned soup, it turns into a stick-to-my-ribs-but not-my-hips feast!
Adar has gotten 19 cheers on this goal.
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 20 months ago
- firefly1818 cheered this 20 months ago
- Cherise cheered this 20 months ago
- starstuff cheered this 21 months ago
- yogamom cheered this 21 months ago
- Eimear cheered this 21 months ago
- Asari cheered this 21 months ago
- SuBu rooroo cheered this 21 months ago
- atinygoat cheered this 22 months ago
- arivett cheered this 22 months ago
- In It For The Gravitas cheered this 23 months ago
- JudithKD cheered this 2 years ago
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 2 years ago
- llamammama9 cheered this 2 years ago
- bp cheered this 2 years ago
- Gumersinda cheered this 2 years ago
- jimrin cheered this 2 years ago
- Jadelee cheered this 2 years ago
- Faustus cheered this 2 years ago