A system I found devised sorting items into goal setting & planning. They said to look for things that you feel bad about, then to create a corresponding goal to help fix it.
sort things into material goals, family & friends, intellectual, health, leisure, spiritual, creative and emotional goals. Find what your dreams are, your little comforts. Then, select which goals to actually work on by evaluating them. Once you make your list of goals, use a numbering system to prioritize …. it goes like this:
1. evaluate the intensity of desire for each goal on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) and writing that number next to each goal.
2. evaluate the costs (financial or stress) involved in achieving that goal on a 1-5 scale (5 being the most taxing) and writing that number next to each goal in a different color ink.
3. next, look at blocking factors or impediments that would hold you back in getting your goal completed on a scale of 1-5 (5 being a major obstacle) and add this number to what you wrote for step #2.
4. Subtract that sum from your first number.
Now, any goal that has a positive number probably has a chance at being completed.
5. Now, determine your goals into one of the following three categories: long-range, medium-range and immediate.