Turning 30 in a few days, and I’ve put the wheels in motion toward making my 30’s a much better time than my 20’s have been, and toward becoming the person I want to be:
- Quitting my dead-end job that’s offered no advancement or growth
- Revamping my apartment over the next month from place I simply eat and sleep at into a home and workspace extraordinaire!
- Getting myself back on track with my nutrition and fitness plan
- finally taking care of ME and putting ME first instead of always last
- cutting out the people in my life or reducing my time with the ones that are negative
- trying to spend more time with people in my life that are positive forces
I’m currently trying to live my life in a way that encourages me not to get stuck in a rut.
I just signed on to be in a musical, as I mentioned on an entry for a different goal. I’m not certain that’s the “right” choice to be making when I work 2 different jobs 7 days a week, but it feels… freeing. I’m going to make it work, and my employers are both willing to work with my schedule so I’m not going to freak out about it.
In addition to getting a chance to act again, I’ll be doing singing, dancing, and expanding my chances to work with more people in fields I enjoy. Not just get stuck in the same rut this year that I did last year of not doing anything really different. This is different. This is a little scary, but I think maybe scary is the thing I need to do instead of living life by the same old routine.
One day at a time. Slow process, but definitely a worthwhile pursuit.