Last Saturday, I went to our town’s discount clothing mall for the first time in about a year. I was pleasantly surprised by the addition of a high end outlet store. The overall shopping experience was one of the best I’ve had in the last few years because I actually bought things that I thought were really cool for a fraction of the price you’d normally pay! And I could find things in my size as well, which is quite rare when you’re buying at sale price.
So my most recent additions are:
1) Maroon cardigan – Love the colour, length and feminine design!
2) Pink stripy cardigan – Brought from the same store as the other cardigan. It has buttons running down along the back. It’s very cute with nice use of different materials.
3) Leather strappy flat sandals – Looks very comfy and sturdy! It actually reminds me of what old men wear to go bushwalking or something but I love it! I think it is quite ME :)
4) Blue oversized bag with floral prints – I had my eyes of this bag even before it was on sale so I had to get it when I saw it under half price! Ooh, in the future when I’m part of a craft collective (LOL) I’ll definitely use this bag to carry around all of my tools and goodies!
1) Denim biker jacket $20 (down from $105 on sale!)
2) High waisted skinny jeans with 4 buttons down the front – a unique design that elongates your legs when worn with heeled boots :)
3) Cardigan – beige coloured and is quite plain looking but I still like it! Cardigans are such a staple wardrobe item…
4) Checkered multi-colour scarf – I love it! I used to wear an orange one all the time before I got this one but I wear this one almost everyday now… Scarves are so useful!
I feel as though I am getting half way there with this goal :D Doing quite well I think!
Hmm haven’t bought a piece of clothing in like the last 4 months.. Too busy with work and haven’t gone shopping so I haven’t been too inspired!
Talking about inspiration, I bought my first fashion magazine in what feels like months as well..! I really want to revamp my wardrobe REALLY bad this year..
My mum bought a locking sewing machine so perhaps I will utilise my spare time into some inventive clothes making – this could be the start of what I hope will be an exciting adventure!
I’ve been looking for a bag that I can use everyday but one which I’ll love carrying around. After what seems like a good half a year of looking, I found the perfect bag two days ago! Woo hoo!
It’s a brown tan leather bag with good capacity and best of all – lots of pockets! Now my belongings won’t all get squished and thrown into one big mush and with lots of zips, I won’t lose anything! Yay!
I plan to carry this bag for as long as it will last me…
That’s how much I adore it and I can picture my future successful self carrying it & loving it!
Getting onto some spring cleaning (I live in the southern hemisphere) action in the wardrobe – I’ve put aside a lot of my clothes I’ve not worn in the last two years or so. I’ve started doing this at the start of this year but there were some pieces that I wasn’t sure about putting aside to giveaway/sell so I waited and when I took another look yesterday, I definitely knew which ones needed to go! I filled up two bags!
Now I have a lot more space in my wardrobe and it’s more obvious which items I need to add…
Next on my to-do list is to simulate my dream wardrobe on Polyvore and strive to recreate something like it… :) Am very excited.
This month is the biggest shopping month for me yet with recent additions to my wardrobe of…
1) Ugg boots. Well, I bought these so I can wear these inside the house to keep my easily-chilled ankles nice and warm in the southern hemisphere winter and it is working wonders. Can’t imagine winter without it anymore!
2) A watch. It is so cool – a black Baby-G. I have wanted one of these forever :D I used to have a Baby-G as a kid and for a while their digital sporty look didn’t appeal to my matured taste. However, Casio has been doing some serious revamping on their Baby-G watches recently and I easily fell back in love again!
3) 4) & 5) Three cardigans. One of them I wear all the time, one of them doesn’t do much to keep me warm, one of them has an interesting color which I haven’t really had the occasion to put to use! But NONE of them are black or gray. Yuss!
6) & 7) Two knitted tops. One stripey (gray and pink) and one orange.
8) & 9) Two tops. One stripey (black and pink) and one blue.
10) Last and not least, a red scarf! It is very light and comfortable. I have been wearing this every day since I’ve got it! LOVE IT.
Although these purchases were relatively cheap (except boots and watch of course) I am happy with the purchases as they stick with my goal of adding more color to my wardrobe. While none of them are statement pieces as such, I think they are a good set of basics from which I can build on :)
Here is what I bought in a recent shopping expedition (sort of). This kind of shopping fits into “Retail Therapy” – which is usually unplanned… But I am very happy with all of the purchases. They were all on sale of course!
1) A pair of earrings which channels my inner Latina – bronze, diamante studded hoops with cute charms hanging off them. I actually already have another pair which is very similar but this is way more bling.
2) A ring with a very large circle face in similar style to the earrings.
3) A loose dark khaki Mossimo T-shirt. Very slouchy looking with buttons.
4) Another Mossimo top. Black with white leopard prints with horizontal rips going down the shoulders.
I haven’t previously owned tops in these shapes so I am happy to have bought items that will bring a new element to my wardrobe.
My next challenge would be to get clothes which are of more colorful variation. 90% of my wardrobe is black or gray. And I don’t mean to go for that look!
I have recently become quite an auction bargain hunter!
I recently bagged a really nice top for my mum for Mother’s Day! Mum’s top wasn’t too cheap as I’ve seen it on sale for over $100 just last year at a reputable retail store..! But I love it! I’ve also purchased a Braun epilator and Ecotools brush set by auction :D So far I’m very satisfied with all of them! No let downs! Woohoo :D
I also managed to sell a set of uniforms that my friend left me when she moved overseas.. so I plan to make good use of this cash when I go touring through all the opshops in town with my savvy friend! As I am also having a huge garage clean out for my parents (I also want to make this into my studio space..) I hope to be selling heaps and heaps more!
I’ve bought a several things in the last month:
1) Pair of green Levi’s sneakers
It’s been good until recently when it decided that my right foot is too wide for the shoe hence my aching pinkie :( I hope it will give like my previous Puma sneakers.
2) Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz
Okay, this is makeup but for me makeup is an important element of my wardrobe! I got this when I got my face done at the Bobbi Brown counter for a friend’s wedding. It is gorgeous! I am waiting to use the one I purchased until I get my Ecotools blush brush which I ordered from an auction site.
3) Burton backpack
It is quite a crack-up that I am buying a backpack.. makes me feel like I’m back in high school! I bought these because I didn’t want to risk damaging my leather shoulder bag on the bike tire (talking from experience). It is very MINI (the Japanese magazine). Can’t wait till I take it to my next weekend trip :)
Hmm, this hasn’t been going well lately as I have neglected shopping to save some money. I wish clothes were more affordable! It seems like there’s absolutely nothing there that’s wearable when I look in opshops where as others seem to score a steal! I guess it just comes down to looking around more constantly. So from now on, I am going to make garment hunting a weekly ritual.. all for the sake of developing my style!
Oh, and not to forget, I want to attempt making those simple pieces that I always see on mannequins and think “I could make that” – but never do. Now that, would be an accomplishment.