- Broiled mackerel with leeks vinaigrette (both new).
- Thai cashew chicken
- Rigatoni with homemade tomato sauce
www.mazdausa.com/ 4 and 5-door models that are open to whatever your life has going on.
www.amazon.com/books Buy Books on Cooking, Food & Wine. Free Shipping on Qualified Orders.
www.pronto.com/Every+Day+Dishes Find our Lowest Possible Price! Every Day Dishes for Sale
asterisk has written 47 entries about this goal
This week, we made:
- Guajillo fish tacos with slaw (new!)
- Dan dan mian
- Chicken cacciatora with broccoli
This week, it was just me! Here’s what I made:
- Thai pork fried rice with basil (new)
- Cambodian shrimp and grapefruit salad (new)
- Caramelized bananas (new)
And now I am exhausted.
I forgot to take pictures when we cooked this past weekend, but here’s what we made:
- Salmon cakes with snow peas (new!)
- Chipotle hummus (new!)
- Roasted cauliflower and carrots with cinnamon-y spices (new!)
- Flemish carbonnade (beef stew)
Husband will be out of town next week, and while that’s a bummer in many ways, I do enjoy picking a menu of not-his-favorite-foods to make for myself. Looking forward to that!
Last week, we made:
- Mezcal and hibiscus-cured fish with a peach slaw. Weirdest recipe ever, but turned out delicious.
- Roasted figs
- Texas caviar (black-eyed peas with veggies and spices)
- Cheesy squash casserole with FRESH squash one of my research students gave me
- Mee goreng (Indonesian noodles, pictured)
I think everything on this list was new, and it all turned out pretty well!
We had it together enough to go to the farmer’s market this week!We made:
- Mapo tofu (new recipe!)
- Orecchiette with kale and cherry tomatoes (new!)
- Eggplant pizza
- Goat cheese and pistachio salad with shallot vinaigrette (new!)
- Lemon-honey custard topped with macerated pluots (new!)
- Paprika roast chicken with onions and green beans
- Chinese-ish stir fry with chicken thigh and spinach (new)
- Baked squash and pork with tomatillo-chipotle salsa
Husband went to the farmer’s market on Saturday morning and picked out a bunch of stuff that looked good. The catch? It was actually my week to do meal planning, so I had to figure out dishes that used the random stuff he bought. Kind of a fun puzzle.
- Prosciutto/peach/chèvre toasts + Mirin-glazed cod + stir-fried mini eggplants and purple peppers (all new)
- Salmorejo (tomato + bread soup)
- Spaghetti with cherry tomatoes, anchovies, and bread crumbs
...but we did cook!
- Roast chicken thighs with pistachio salsa, corn, and peppers
- Peaches with balsamic glaze
- Dry Thai curry stir-fry with ground beef (we usually make it with ground turkey or chicken, but I don’t think this really counts as something new)
We got back from vacation midday Saturday, so our ambitions were pretty limited:
- Spicy shrimp with coconut rice
- Lentil curry [new]
- Roasted peaches with berry glaze [new]
asterisk has gotten 54 cheers on this goal.
- Lanie cheered this 7 hours ago
- Jeff Welton cheered this 2 weeks ago
- Life_Starts_Now cheered this 2 months ago
- mariendns cheered this 4 months ago
- Joe Mayer cheered this 6 months ago
- On seas less hideously serene cheered this 7 months ago
- alaskanmossy cheered this 7 months ago
- Heather cheered this 7 months ago
- indiannie_jones cheered this 7 months ago
- Beth cheered this 8 months ago
- Gwendydd cheered this 8 months ago
- fritopia cheered this 8 months ago
- proudauzzie cheered this 9 months ago
- sue820 cheered this 9 months ago
- Yisraela Ruth cheered this 9 months ago
- embracing_freedom_fully cheered this 9 months ago
- joie de vivre cheered this 9 months ago
- Solitae cheered this 9 months ago
- tardis88 cheered this 9 months ago
- CaribbeanBreeze cheered this 9 months ago
- ClumsyPanda cheered this 9 months ago