We had so little time to plan meals this week that we literally planned the whole week on Epicurious while standing in line. The nevertheless-tasty results:
- Chicken picadillo enchiladas (new)
- A noodle dish that wanted to be char kuay teow (sp?) and ended up closer to pad thai (new?)
- Thai-flavored brussels sprouts
Again, I neglected to take pictures, but we made:
- Steak, roasted snow peas, stuffed dates
- Chicken stew with dates and honey
- Pad ped pork (new!) Husband hit up a new SE Asian grocery store, and we made a simple stir-fry using their super-flavorful homemade chili paste.
No pictures this week, but tons of new dishes!
- Pork tenderloin with date chutney (new)
- A kinda bland lentil curry (new)
- A not-bland stir-fried cabbage with Indian spices
- A fried-rice-esque dish with farro, Italian sausage, and other good stuff (new)
This week, it was just me! Here’s what I made:
- Thai pork fried rice with basil (new)
- Cambodian shrimp and grapefruit salad (new)
- Caramelized bananas (new)
And now I am exhausted.
I forgot to take pictures when we cooked this past weekend, but here’s what we made:
- Salmon cakes with snow peas (new!)
- Chipotle hummus (new!)
- Roasted cauliflower and carrots with cinnamon-y spices (new!)
- Flemish carbonnade (beef stew)
Husband will be out of town next week, and while that’s a bummer in many ways, I do enjoy picking a menu of not-his-favorite-foods to make for myself. Looking forward to that!
Last week, we made:
- Mezcal and hibiscus-cured fish with a peach slaw. Weirdest recipe ever, but turned out delicious.
- Roasted figs
- Texas caviar (black-eyed peas with veggies and spices)
- Cheesy squash casserole with FRESH squash one of my research students gave me
- Mee goreng (Indonesian noodles, pictured)
I think everything on this list was new, and it all turned out pretty well!
We had it together enough to go to the farmer’s market this week!
- Mapo tofu (new recipe!)
- Orecchiette with kale and cherry tomatoes (new!)
- Eggplant pizza
- Goat cheese and pistachio salad with shallot vinaigrette (new!)
- Lemon-honey custard topped with macerated pluots (new!)