Definitely the online learning site I’m most excited about.
www.savethechildren.org/gifts Visit Save the Children® for Unique Easter Gift Ideas.
www.mercyships.org/ Mercy Ships Helps Save Lives. Free Surgeries to African Children.
www.foodforthepoor.org/uniquecatalog View our most popular unique gifts. Buy a lifesaving gift for the poor.
www.naha-inc.org/Charity-Navigator Charity Navigator 4 Star Charity Tax Deductions for a Cause
asterisk has written 35 entries about this goal
Someone I work with is doing one of their events, so I contributed.
But I’m really embarrassed about it, because I had assumed I’d be able to choose to donate anonymously on the final donation screen—but it turns out that the final screen was just a receipt and the damage was already done. And my “non-trivial” charitable donation amount is…indecorously large, under the circumstances. UGH. UGH. UGH. I hope she never finds out.
I had been ignoring this goal because I expected to be on the hook for a gigantic expense. Turns out that I’m not, so the funds need to start flowing again.
I checked in with Kiva and re-lent my accumulated credit, and I made a new donation to a student group I used to be involved in.
So happy to donate to Faustus for his Big Climb benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!
Another replenishing of the Kiva account.
Just replenished my Kiva credit with a fresh donation!
Not a real charity (sadly). Went on a vacation last month with 3 friends, 2 of whom are stably employed corporate types and one of whom is a starving artist. I donated miles and $ so that the latter could come along.
Someone I really respect passed away recently after living a long, full life. I made a donation to their suggested cause, which really will help carry on the world-changing work this person did.
Also, I am incredibly ashamed that I haven’t donated in almost a year—I had been donating quarterly before that. Yikes! I’ll try to make monthly gifts until I catch up.
I was volunteering alongside some big shots, I made a boo-boo, I’m paying for it because the alternative is to screw over someone with even less money than me.
My husband and I had an actual fight over whether I should pay for it out of pocket. We don’t share (all of) our money, so it wasn’t like the decision affected him; it was just the principle of the thing. But what can I say? I messed up, and the options are (1) make myself a giant pain in the asses of important people, (2) stiff someone with less clout, or (3) pony up.
Anyway, I told him I’d at least count it as my “charity” for the quarter. And I think we’re done arguing. We never argue. Weird.
A student group I was involved in during college is working on a very ambitious project. I kicked them some cash.
asterisk has gotten 94 cheers on this goal.
- Optionally_Mine cheered this 9 months ago
- fritopia cheered this 10 months ago
- hhannah cheered this 10 months ago
- irishka3 cheered this 10 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 10 months ago
- rosewilder cheered this 11 months ago
- Endrina cheered this 11 months ago
- seeking~serenity cheered this 11 months ago
- TG cheered this 12 months ago
- Alyssa is a singular girl cheered this 13 months ago
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 2 years ago
- Fernweh cheered this 2 years ago
- Dragon_Lady cheered this 2 years ago
- rachelmason cheered this 2 years ago
- Waynesworld cheered this 2 years ago
- Colleen_C_C cheered this 2 years ago
- yogamom cheered this 2 years ago
- Oogyboogawa cheered this 3 years ago
- Neohippy10 cheered this 3 years ago
- Celtic Christian cheered this 3 years ago
- Logophile cheered this 4 years ago