Under the pickiest interpretation, I have some work left to do (e.g., there is a bag containing 2 things to take to the tailor, my hair could be improved). However, I’m checking this off because a charitable interpretation of the list gets me just about there, and I don’t think I’m likely to do better anytime in the foreseeable future.
since I got my car fixed. That’s an “A,” y’all! woo hoo.
Though I’ve backslid on some things. The remaining 11:Physical Environment
- My car is in excellent condition. The brakes are completely shot, but I’m taking it to the shop ASAP.
- I drink at least 2 L of water a day. Nope; some days, I don’t hydrate enough.
- I rarely use caffeine (less than 3 times per week). HAHAHAHAHA.
- I rarely watch TV (less than 5 hours per week). It’s probably close, but I think I’m over.
- I do not suffer. Dude, ever seen the 4 Noble Truths? Checking this off means you’re dead.
- I walk or exercise at least 3 times per week. Yeah…gotta get back on this. There’s been some dangerous stuff in my neighborhood recently, so I’m trying to figure out what to do.
- I have told my parents that I love them in the past 3 months. Mom and I just don’t say that. I think we should, though.
- I do not gossip or talk about others. Trying, but not there yet.
- I am a person of his/her word; people can count on me. This one pains me the most. I make promises that I fully expect to keep and then don’t. That sentence probably explains 90% of my melancholy these days.
- I do not judge or criticize others. Yeah…
- I make requests rather than complain. Gotta work on this.
Things that I have yet to check off:Physical Environment
- My car is in excellent condition. (Doesn’t need mechanical work, repairs, cleaning or replacing) Definitely needs to be washed. And I don’t know if the busted door counts as “needing repairs,” since it runs fine.
- My home is clean and tidy. (Vacuumed, wardrobes and drawers organized, desks and tables clear, furniture in good repair; windows clean). So not vacuumed.
My appliances, machinery and equipment work well. (Fridge, toaster, lawn mower, water heater, hi-fi etc.). F@#$-ing dryer. [UPDATE: Ha! Suck it, dryer! We opened it up and showed it who was boss :)] I am not tolerating anything about my home or work environment. There are some temperature regulation problems at the apartment. Much improved.
- My hair is the way I want it. I’m not sure what to do about this, since “the way I want it” is kinda expensive.
- I rarely use caffeine. (Chocolate, coffee, colas, tea) less than 3 times per week, total. Less than 3 times per day, I can do.
I rarely watch television. (Less than 5 hours per week). That rule about not watching TV alone sure fixed this.
- I have no habits which are unacceptable to me. Less Internet, please.
- I do not suffer. Ummm…I think if you can check this one off, you’re either a bodhisattva or dead.
- I have told my parents, in the last 3 months, that I love them. That’s not really how Mom and I roll.
- There is no one whom I would dread or feel uncomfortable “bumping into”. (In the street, at an airport or party). There’s one guy. I owe him some data.
- I do not gossip or talk about others. HA!
- I am fully caught up with letters and calls. Not fully.
- I am a person of his/her word; people can count on me. I try, but I’m not there yet.
- I do not judge or criticize others. Umm…
- I make requests rather than complain. But it’s so much easier to just bitch and moan!
It bothers me that my worst category is “relationships.”
This week, I’ll focus on “My hair is the way I want it.” I have got to make these grays go away; if Boy doesn’t have time to help me dye it, I’ll bite the bullet and go to the salon.
just by straightening out my finances. The main problems now are healthy habits, and being a nicer person (hah). More low-hanging fruit:
- Get my will up to date (since I’m married now, yay)
- Back up my hard drive at least monthly
Iron that @#$% shirt
- Drink more water
- Exercise 3x/week
- Laugh out loud every day
- Quit gossiping
we’ll see about that.
Here are the items I’d like to concentrate on, in the short term:
Get my car in good shape: gas, oil change, look into whether it’s time for regular maintenance
- Get my hair the way I like it: because that’s just FUN
- Get caught up on calls and emails, if such a thing is possible
Systematically save money (10% of each paycheck) (duh, my IRA = more than 10% of my yearly income) Make a (better) budget and stick to it
but now i’m ready to do it. right now, my # is 68, but i feel like i cleaned up on all the little piddly ones, and the ones that are left are big and serious.