I did it again. Two submissions in one month! I hope the literary magazines will smile upon me this time. ;)
www.poetry-publishers.com/ Get Your Poetry Published with us. Free Poetry Book Publishing Guide.
www.outskirtspress.com/ From $199. Set your pricing. Keep all rights. Free guide.
www.authorhouse.com/Poetry Get Published in Just 30 Days. Keep Your Rights. Earn 50% Royalties.
www.dorrancepublishing.com/ Publisher of poetry collections currently seeking submissions.
www.majesticrecords1.com/ $100,000.00 Recording/Publishing Contract Possible, Free Appraisal
astroballerina has written 7 entries about this goal
once more unto the breach, dear friends, as I have submitted another poem to another literary magazine here’s hoping
We live in an amazing time. The internet gives us access to instant publication. Young artists can get exposure to an audience of millions! And yet, the process of being “vetted” by an experienced editor, or carefully shaped by the critique a good mentor, is invaluable to a true artist! So I prefer to submit my work to high quality literary journals and poetry contests. Getting published in that context means more to me than just spreading my feelings across the internet.
Last month, I submitted three of my poems to a poetry contest, but none was published or even recognized. It’s easy to get discouraged.
Finally, I decided to go ahead and publish a poem on a website of similar poetry. I’m hoping to get good feedback from the other writers there. And I’m hoping that my words will inspire or touch someone.
It does feel good to have my work “out there.” But I’m not going to cross this goal off of my list until I am published by an independent source.
I submitted three poems to a poetry contest today. Wish me luck! ;)
This goal is very important to me, but I’m not making much progress this month. In July, I submitted my work to a couple of magazines that have not yet responded. I think I just need to get a little more organized and submit to more places!
My poem won an honorable mention and a small cash prize. That’s pretty cool, right? But they didn’t publish it! So this goal remains on the list.
I just put my poem in an envelope and sent it to Canada!
astroballerina has gotten 19 cheers on this goal.
- JJNP cheered this 2 months ago
- jonathangiraldo cheered this 2 years ago
- Straha cheered this 3 years ago
- Mary cheered this 4 years ago
- Logophile cheered this 4 years ago
- Angel cheered this 4 years ago
- Pavan21 cheered this 5 years ago
- Lehulei08 cheered this 5 years ago
- dreamtour cheered this 5 years ago
- kendra5299 cheered this 5 years ago
- llong cheered this 5 years ago
- Chris cheered this 5 years ago
- Pete cheered this 5 years ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 5 years ago
- noemix cheered this 5 years ago
- Monotreme cheered this 5 years ago
- Iseulte cheered this 5 years ago
- paintchipsrgood cheered this 5 years ago
- Abigail cheered this 5 years ago