I simply have no inclination at all to work on the old one; it’s 10 years out of date now, and I have a lot of new ideas.
Might see if I can find a way around this goal, to achieve what I really want to do without actually doing the literal wording of the goal. I just want to get my music compilation pages info filled out – that’s all that’s left to do. Doesn’t have to be on the same angelfire page it’s on now.
A weekend or two ago I did a minor overhaul of the site. It included:
- getting rid of the profiles section (which I never really liked and every idea I had would have ended up causing drama)
- cleaning up the old journal pages (which are kept in their original form for authenticity and nostalgia factors)
- somehow managing to remove the banners, I don’t know how
- wrecking the qualities dropdown (which was always out-of-place)
- resizing the sidebar for modern-day resolutions and the more commonly accepted smaller fonts. If you check out the list of compilations on the music page, you can see the difference.
I was actually quite pleased with it! The music section will continue to be updated, and maybe maybe maybe maybe the qualities section, but the rest is largely abandoned.
Once I have the existing music compilations all done, this goal will be completed. As I get new compilations, those will need to be added in before I close this goal off, too. So, in theory, the sooner the better ;)
I’m not feeling terribly optimistic about getting this done, because I’m not sure there’s any point. I diverted my attention to getting the compilation info done, but even that trailed off and I can’t see myself putting it together in the near future.
The answer is to do it right now – but I don’t want to do it right now. I can’t keep trying to hit my goals even if I don’t really want it done. It makes more sense to consider scrapping it.
The updates page isn’t accurate – I’ve added in a line to each compilation every now and then. Tonight I added the quote under Courage, which I’ll also do with Truth and Love when I find ones I really like.
But I AM considering scrapping it.