Had a respite from the blood-sucking creatures, but they are back. Smaller than before but as annoying as ever. So scarce had they been for a while that I lost some of my dexterity with the swatter. I feel it coming back though! Oh yes, I do!
brannen has written 8 entries about this goal
After 50 years of being certified malaria-free, we are having an outbreak! Eighteen people diagnosed and counting. So now they are going to be fogging – intensively they assure us – and cleaning blocked drains!
All of a sudden the swatter seems … puny. But surely the practice puts me in good stead?
I am begining to wonder if I am not rearing a new strain of mosquito under my desk: one that needs an abundance of wires to breed instead of stagnant water.
doing a precautionary sweep under my desk with a swatter and zapping a mosquito. A preemptive strike, you might say. Actually, that is not the best. Pretty darn good, but not the best. The best is still zapping one while it feeds without adminstering a mild shock to self.
not zapping yourself with the electronic swatter while going after a mosquito that is actively sucking your blood.
are doing a war dance under my desk. Luckily, the swatter is here!
The electronic swatter.
Very satisfying to hear them go “Pop!”
but I am also quite certain that sucking my blood is not it!
brannen has gotten 12 cheers on this goal.
- As a Phoenix Rising cheered this 5 years ago
- Collectorofcats cheered this 7 years ago
- kerryisntreal cheered this 7 years ago
- Liacelli cheered this 7 years ago
- laweeez cheered this 7 years ago
- traveltrish cheered this 7 years ago
- Sarah - spunky the pop monkey cheered this 7 years ago
- rag_doll7777 cheered this 7 years ago
- brendanb23 cheered this 7 years ago
- robert cheered this 8 years ago
- saywhatroxanne cheered this 8 years ago
- Trauma_Junkie cheered this 8 years ago