My friend asked if we are still going to Florence together. I didn’t tell her no. Neither one of us has any money to go, so I told her it is still in the possible future. Well, it is. I don’t know the future, although I want to go to the grave site with my sister.
brickhorse has written 63 entries about this goal
My friend and I are on rocky ground right now. At this point, I would rather go to Florence with my sister than my friend. I am seeing that my friend’s value system and mine are significantly different in some small, and critical, areas. I love my friend and always will, but I don’t know if going to Italy with her is a good idea. To put it delicately, she is opportunistic and rewrites history to her benefit. Enough said.
Last night I dreamed I went to Florence and visited his grave. It was all mixed up with other things going on, but I went there. I hope I can make this a reality. Right now, I don’t see it happening financially for quite a while. Maybe I should set another deadline to accomplish this goal. It’s not going to happen unless I get specific about it.
I’ve been feeling as if this goal is not so far away. I don’t know why I feel that way because I have no money, too many critters to take off to Europe for a couple weeks, and no specific plans. I do have a passport, which I guess is one of the handful of things I absolutely must have to go.
I could “remove” this, as I have done with a couple other goals. Even though this goal will probably not be realized for a number of years, I want to keep it on my list because it is inspiring. Someday I will do this.
I may not get to complete this goal for years. Years! It’s staying on my goals list. I will do this. Just brushing off the dust, right now, and recommitting to it.
I have no money to go to Firenze. I have no time. I have no house sitter for that length of time. I do have luggage and clothing and my sister who is willing to go with me. I have my passport and a plan of travel. I continue to read and learn so that I am can be familiar with the land and the people. I still have the desire and the will to go.
of his grave at my mother’s house last weekend. He has a big white cross. My sister brought flowers and put on the grave. I will bring some water and some dirt from Montana. He was a Montana cowboy.
Not this year, obviously. Maybe not next year. But I will get there.
I don’t know how or when, but I am still going to do this!
brickhorse has gotten 54 cheers on this goal.
- vickyfaye cheered this 4 months ago
- Maryrose Hewitt cheered this 5 months ago
- amandaperl cheered this 6 months ago
- Saraband cheered this 7 months ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 8 months ago
- idkbrblol cheered this 8 months ago
- ambytbfl88 cheered this 8 months ago
- ClumsyPanda cheered this 9 months ago
- Angelica Anarchy cheered this 9 months ago
- Heather cheered this 9 months ago
- brilessthan3 cheered this 9 months ago
- indiannie_jones cheered this 9 months ago
- Kira cheered this 10 months ago
- Katrinia17 cheered this 17 months ago
- Andromeda cheered this 17 months ago
- Paper_Cake cheered this 18 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 23 months ago
- Taqwa_Salah cheered this 2 years ago
- Harmless Dilettante cheered this 2 years ago
- Jeff Welton cheered this 2 years ago
- XxRicaxX cheered this 2 years ago