I could “remove” this, as I have done with a couple other goals. Even though this goal will probably not be realized for a number of years, I want to keep it on my list because it is inspiring. Someday I will do this.
www.italy.goaheadtours.com/ Find the Perfect Italy Vacation. Save up to $400 per couple!
www.excursionitaly.com/ Tour from the port of Naples,Rome Florence, english speaking driver
www.viator.com/Florence Find things to do in Florence. Galleries, wine tasting and more!
www.serristoripalace.com/ Discovering Florence: apartment in center and museum tickets for you!
www.routeperfect.com/ Free tool that helps you easily plan your trip to Italy. Try it!
brickhorse has written 59 entries about this goal
I may not get to complete this goal for years. Years! It’s staying on my goals list. I will do this. Just brushing off the dust, right now, and recommitting to it.
I have no money to go to Firenze. I have no time. I have no house sitter for that length of time. I do have luggage and clothing and my sister who is willing to go with me. I have my passport and a plan of travel. I continue to read and learn so that I am can be familiar with the land and the people. I still have the desire and the will to go.
of his grave at my mother’s house last weekend. He has a big white cross. My sister brought flowers and put on the grave. I will bring some water and some dirt from Montana. He was a Montana cowboy.
Not this year, obviously. Maybe not next year. But I will get there.
I don’t know how or when, but I am still going to do this!
I am putting new siding on my house (it was AWFUL), then I have to get the roof worked on. Next we have to paint the house (primer will be on it, but we need to paint this summer). And then in February 2013 we have to get the well replumbed with our neighbor. So money to go visit my uncle’s grave in Florence, Italy is going into my house. I am now thinking it will be 2014. I am not giving up on this goal. Never! But life happens when you are busy making other plans.
but for a good cause. I am spending $2000 of the trip money to buy materials for our nephew to put new siding on our house. It’ll take me about a year to save up the money again, but it is worth it. We need our house in good shape.
The well doesn’t have to be replaced for a year, so I hope to save up funds that won’t interfere with my trip to see my uncle’s grave. That would be good.
The well I share with my neighbor is going out! Price to repair: $3500. We have about $1000 in the well bank account, so that means we will have to split $2500. My share is $1250. It takes me 6 months to save that much. So now my trip is set back for 6 months. We were thinking of fall 2013 for our trip. Now, it is spring 2014 because I will have to save up that much more money to go. ACK! Rosanna Rosanna Danna…It’s always something.
brickhorse has gotten 54 cheers on this goal.
- Saraband cheered this 1 week ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 2 weeks ago
- idkbrblol cheered this 4 weeks ago
- ambytbfl88 cheered this 4 weeks ago
- ClumsyPanda cheered this 1 month ago
- irishka3 cheered this 1 month ago
- Angelica Anarchy cheered this 1 month ago
- Heather cheered this 1 month ago
- brilessthan3 cheered this 2 months ago
- indiannie_jones cheered this 2 months ago
- Kira cheered this 2 months ago
- of_journeys cheered this 2 months ago
- Katrinia17 cheered this 9 months ago
- Andromeda cheered this 10 months ago
- Paper_Cake cheered this 10 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 15 months ago
- Taqwa_Salah cheered this 16 months ago
- Harmless Dilettante cheered this 17 months ago
- Jeff Welton cheered this 22 months ago
- XxRicaxX cheered this 2 years ago
- Lune Fromage: Born of Stardust cheered this 2 years ago