The key isn’t to try so hard. Let my actions speak for themselves. If I’m worth respecting, people will see it; if I have faith in myself, people will know it.
brownsugarbear01 has written 3 entries about this goal
In order to gain respect from others, I have to have more self respect. To gain that, I need more self love for myself. I’m working on that.
When you wanted to be liked by everyone, you’ll do things that will make you uncomfortable and resentful towards people, bottling those same feelings because then you won’t be liked.
When you want respect, you do things that satisfied your own needs, but if you’re not careful, you’ll be too selfish and damaging to other people. I think there can be a sense of self-respect in order to gain it from others.
brownsugarbear01 has gotten 14 cheers on this goal.
- galactickim cheered this 2 months ago
- signora oye vey cheered this 6 months ago
- samIam cheered this 10 months ago
- seasonsoflove cheered this 11 months ago
- seeking~serenity cheered this 14 months ago
- marymoonshine cheered this 14 months ago
- meandnobodybutme cheered this 15 months ago
- TheCatsMother cheered this 15 months ago
- Cristina cheered this 15 months ago
- erika1661 cheered this 2 years ago
- arm0214 cheered this 2 years ago
- malenaxsiempre cheered this 2 years ago
- Lady of Shalott cheered this 2 years ago
- skitty1458mk2 cheered this 2 years ago