- reorganised one book case to fit extra books in
- sorted the piles of paper / cleared a surface / found all the bits that need attention
- wrote birthday cards
- made spicy tomato chicken
- took bin out
Actually hasn’t been a very productive day – been feeling very lazy! And very tired, actually – so bath and bed rather than anything else productive.
Need to get a LOT more things done! Too much sitting about of late.
take chicken out of freezer bag and put sausages in freezer clean the cooker chop the veg for stirfry go to JogScotland! laundry pack handbag for tomorrow make c+t pitta for tomorrow’s lunch prepare spicy chicken sauce for tomorrow’s dinner take chicken out of freezer
I slept very poorly last night, and woke this morning very tired, trying to hack my lungs up, and possibly more deaf than yesterday (one ear is totally blocked, t’other feels as if it’s going the same way). So, I figured today was not going to be a day of great productivity – and aside from nailing two more areas for my competency interview, I was prepared to be fine with that.
But the great thing about this goal is that for me it’s a cross between “List x positive things that happened today” and a retrospective to-do list (which, unlike a regular to-do list, doesn’t depress me with how much I have to do or subsequently didn’t get done!). And just thinking about what to put here, I realise that I did do some productive stuff.
- I survived work, including the nasty auditor meeting that turned out to be not-so-nasty after all.
- I had a meeting with the IT consultant (who I know anyway), who kept asking for my opinion and – wait for it! – valued it! OMG, but I don’t get that very often – definite sign that sticking with the job hunting is very very worth it!
- Taught said IT consultant how to do something useful in Word :)
- Was able to help a colleague with the problems she was having with the website, and another later on with a data stick issue.
- From the above: learned/remembered that I do have a knack for IT, and that I quite like helping and teaching people!
- I phoned the hospital to check something; FAR better than sitting wondering.
- Made tomorrow’s lunch, and tonight’s dinner.
Which still leaves the interview prep, annoyingly close to the actual interview. Ack. Oh well – am actually quite calm about the idea of not getting this one (after all, I didn’t technically apply for it!) but that I will have to try a bit longer. Which is also a hugely productive state of mind!
PS Final productive thing of today will be to have a relaxing evening, an early night and a great sleep – so that I can tackle the world tomorrow!
Going easy on myself, since I’m still ill. Bah. The end is in sight, though!
- Revised the first couple of ‘chapters’ of the SQL theory, so I think I’ve got the selecting data (most important) stuff stuck in my head. Rewrote my notes with coloured pens’n’stuff :)
- Listed my biggest pieces of work from my current job, with notes about important achievements, types of skill used, etc, to help me match things up better to the compentency areas I have to cover on Thursday. Think I’m only stuck with one, now.
- Cleaned the bath oil residue out of the bath
- Made a scrummy roast chicken dinner!
- Did the mini-routine I want to make a habit, for strengthening my arms: always struggle in yoga class for arm strength stuff, so been meaning to work on it a lot more. Little and often – as with everything else!
- Arranged with my dad to go look at new TVs, since mine is behaving worryingly. Still, I guess 14 years is a good lifespan already!
Hmm. Not bad. I did rather stop around 4pm yesterday, and gave in to eating, napping and watching movies. But even that was productive in a way – ‘cos I was knackered!
Have also spent a good deal of time in the last two days just remotivating myself, getting my PMA (postive mental attitude) back up and running, and gearing up to not just coping but achieving in the next little while.