“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” ~~~ Aristole
catherine's daughter has written 78 entries about this goal
“It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd…Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery, and death…and yet…I think…this cruelty will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again.” -Anne Frank
Happy International Peace Day
The first date is his date of birth
The following date is when God called him home,
But what matters most of all
Is the dash between those years.
For that dash represents all the time
That he spent alive on this earth …
And now only those who loved him,
Know what that little line is worth.
For it matters not how much we own:
The cars .. the house .. the cash.
What matters most is how we live and love
And how we spend our dash.
Think about this long and hard ..
Are there things you’d like to change?
For you never know how much time is left,
That still can be rearranged.
If we could just slow down enough
To consider what’s true and real,
And always try to understand
The other way people feel
And be less quick to anger,
And show appreciation more
And love the people in our lives
Like we’ve never loved before.
If we treat each other with respect,
And more often wear a smile.
Remembering that this special dash
Might only last a little while
So, when your eulogy’s being read
With your life’s action to rehash …
Would you be proud of the things they say
About how you spent your dash?
What soap is for the body,
tears are for the soul.
~ a Jewish Proverb
“To make a wish come true,
whisper it to a Butterfly.
Upon these wings it will be taken to
heaven and granted, for they are the
messengers of the Great Spirit.”
Native American Legend
“Everything will be all right in the end, so if it is not all right, it’s not the end”
This quote if from Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, who was a French Jesuit priest trained as a paleontologist and a philosopher, (1 May 1881 – 10 April 1955). and wrote this:
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.
- Paraphrased variant: We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.
Quote of the month from The Compassionate Friends. I am sharing since for one, it is very true, and secondly, this is the anniversary week for Paul. I say week because it was not just one day, but the days that followed I will never forget. I guess I should be more private about it, but then that’s not me!! It’s not even that I want attention or anyone to feel sorry for me and for Jeff!! I just I don’t want anyone to forget Paul.
Quote of the Month:
From the outside looking in you can never understand and from the inside looking out you can never explain. ~ Author unknown
A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam…
And for a brief moment it’s glory and beauty
belong to our world,
but then it flies on again.;
...And though we wish it could have stayed,
We feel so lucky to have seen it.
If you mention my child’s name
I may cry.
But if you don’t mention it,
...you will break my heart ~ author unknown
catherine's daughter has gotten 53 cheers on this goal.
- moira123 cheered this 2 months ago
- Ally ~ cheered this 8 months ago
- Emmettrule cheered this 10 months ago
- Beth cheered this 15 months ago
- Serena Welcomes Spring! cheered this 18 months ago
- JadedForever cheered this 19 months ago
- Waynesworld cheered this 20 months ago
- TG cheered this 2 years ago
- notlikeothers253 cheered this 2 years ago
- sunkissed86 cheered this 2 years ago
- Bob1623 cheered this 3 years ago
- Jess cheered this 4 years ago
- cdmarzipan cheered this 4 years ago
- Kookkie cheered this 4 years ago
- renewalsh cheered this 4 years ago
- Baker Man cheered this 4 years ago
- Mme Delacroix cheered this 4 years ago
- blincolnw cheered this 4 years ago
- taradav86 cheered this 4 years ago
- stcybaby21 cheered this 4 years ago
- princessTAB cheered this 4 years ago