I find out this week where I will be precepting next term. I asked for post-surgical or med-surg. I shouldn’t have any problem with this, since everyone seems to want to do a specialty (OB, ICU, cardiac, ED,etc). I plan to work in med-surg for several years before I begin working in home healthcare, and eventually hospice. My nervousness about the preceptorship, is getting the right person do match my personality. I get along with most people, but this person is working beside me for 2-3 12-hour shifts a week, for nine weeks. I’m sure I’ll get a great preceptor, I just want to know who it is NOW! Patience…. patience.
www.medvance.edu/ Attend our Practical Nursing College & Earn a Diploma - Info!
www.phoenix.edu/Nursing Hands-On Classes - Enroll Today. Take Courses Online or at a Campus.
www.keiser-education.com/ Enroll in the Nursing program at Keiser U. Classes now forming!
www.waldenu.edu/Online_Nursing Earn Your Nursing Degree Online. Apply For A Nursing Program Today!
www.southeastern-college.com/ Train to be a Practical Nurse at SEC! Get info today.
catspajamas has written 16 entries about this goal
I had my last two clinical days this term in the emergency room. It was very exciting at times, and very slow at times. The staff was wonderful. I was able to do several prodedures, and felt as if I helped and not hendered the staff that day. It is definitely not my calling, but it was very informative.
Our class is now discussing how we want our pining ceremony to be. The major problem is finding a place that is large enough that we won’t have to limit how many people we invite. I’m on the refreshment committee with the rest of my study group. The reality of how soon I will be graduating is starting to set in.OMG- I’m going to be an RN soon!
and the pinning ceremony will be on June 15th. Pinning is the nursing school graduation, the other is for the college. I plan to go to both.
I’ve been very busy trying to organize myself before I return to school on the ninth. I thought I would have an entire month to organize, read ahead,and prepare myself, but I was needed at work. My vacation became a a time to earn extra income (badly needed). The topics this term will cover the more acute aspects of renal, respiratory and endocrine systems, and management. We will also have a special series of classes on preparing for the job search (resume writing, cover letters, interviews, and dressing for an interview) and other aspects of nursing that are not related to patient care (advanced practice, legislation related to nursing, etc). Some time in late february we find out where are preceptorship will be. It’s very exciting!
I have two more terms until I graduate from nursing school. In June I can take the NCLEX exam for my RN license. Very exciting and scary at the same time.
catspajamas has gotten 42 cheers on this goal.
- Caitie cheered this 6 years ago
- Compassionist cheered this 6 years ago
- tafodil24 cheered this 7 years ago
- Happywithme cheered this 7 years ago
- mjuk cheered this 7 years ago
- sharas cheered this 7 years ago
- Pete cheered this 7 years ago
- dipsomaniacalman cheered this 7 years ago
- asterisk cheered this 7 years ago
- SmileThroughIt cheered this 7 years ago
- Basschick cheered this 7 years ago
- gypsiewriter thinks life is beautiful cheered this 7 years ago
- Timid Magick cheered this 7 years ago
- Cookie cheered this 7 years ago
- ~*Serenity*~ cheered this 7 years ago
- Lost Wayfarer cheered this 7 years ago
- flowergirl cheered this 7 years ago
- A L E E M 2.43 cheered this 7 years ago
- Deni H cheered this 7 years ago
- corgimom cheered this 7 years ago
- holley cheered this 7 years ago