Received my first box of veggies from the CSA I joined. Being a CSA member will help definitely help with this goal. This week we received a box with turnips, kale, cilantro, radishes, romaine and red leaf lettuce, salad mix, and green garlic.
www.lifereimagined.org/renewyear Check Tips How To Get Back In Shape Learn How At Life Reimagined Today!
www.frostedminiwheats.com/Healthy Enjoy Healthy Breakfast Cereal from Kellogg's® Frosted Mini-Wheats®!
www.outshinesnacks.com/Healthy A Refreshing Fruit Bar Made With Real Fruits & Veggies. Learn More!
www.kinyattagray.com/ Lose Inches and Weight Naturally Take the 90 Day Challenge!
catspajamas has written 7 entries about this goal
I had problems with the nutridiary website. I am shopping for software for keeping a diary of food intake. When I took a nutrition class three years ago, we used this great program to log our food intake for three days. It broke down your intake into protein, carbohydrates, and fats, as well as how many servings of fruits, vegetables, bread, etc that you consumed daily. Why did I sell the book and software back after the class!?
For the most part I have been doing well with my eating habits. I’ve switched to green tea to keep me awake during the “witching hour” of my night shift. I did drink a diet dr pepper today, the first in a very long time. I ‘m recovering from a cold and wanted something beside orange juice. My hubby’s diet cherry vanilla dr pepper was in the frig. I had one, and it was very tasty. It was nice to drink one as a treat, and know that I don’t crave them like I once did.I’ve been fixing nice meals on my days off. The days that I work are a bit more chaotic. I try to put something in the slow cooker to cook while I’m sleeping. During my work shift I usually have some cottage cheese and fruit. When I come home I eat an egg if I’m really hungry. I try not to eat when I come home from work because I go straight to sleep and don’t sleep well on a full stomach (as well as the fact that it’s not good to go to sleep right after eating).
I’m still eating/drinking foods with aspartame. I need to stop this soon. I’ve been buying a diet green tea for when I’m at work. I need to start making my own to take with me. Now that the weather is cooling down I will be able to drnk hot green tea at night. I still need to increase my vegetable consumption. I found the nutridiary website that trauma junkie uses. I’m going to start keeping a better track of my eating and see how I’m really doing.
I have been able to stop drinking diet dr pepper. I hope I am able to maintain this after I start working (I will be doing NOC shift- 7 pm to 7 am, and I don’t drink coffee note to self- start exploring the tea varieties available). I have stopped eating bread, but haven’t been able to give up corn tortillas. I have increased my fruit and vegeatable consumption, but it’s summer and there is an abundance of fresh local veggies available this will be more difficult in the winter. I can’t seem to stop eating cheese. I don’t like the reduced fat varieties, so I need to drastically cut back on my cheese habit. I haven’t been eating processsed/ prepared foods, so my trans-fat and high-fructose corn syrup consumption has decreased dramatically. I am concerned about this area when I start working full-time and am more pressed for time. Right now, this goal is going well.
1. Eat more whole grains- less products made with flour.
2. Eat more dark green, orange, red, and purple vegetables.
3. Eat more fresh fruit, especially blueberries and other fruits that are high in anti-oxidants.
4. Stop eating products made with high-fructose corn syrup, and artificial sweetners. This will be hard since I am a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper fanatic.
5. Drink more water and green tea.
6. Eliminate products containing trans-fats.
7. Reduce the saturated fats.
8. Buy organic fruits and vegetables, preferably locally grown, whenever possible.
This morning I woke up when the alarm went off and fixed a very yummy bowl of oatmeal. That sound you hear is me patting myself on the back.
I was doing great. I have been eating very healthy meals chock full of whole grains, vegetables and seasonal fruit. Then I discovered the Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream in the back of the freezer. It’s been there since Christmas, lurking in the back of the freezer. Today I realized that I needed to get everything organized for another term of nursing school. I’ve been printing off the syllabus, creating labels for my binder dividers, and otherwise getting everything just right for monday morning. Suddenly i wanted a snack. I though i would get a nice crisp fuji apple. Instead i opened the freezer and I found the ice cream. I don’t want to think about all the sugar and fat I just consumed. Needless to say, it won’t happen again. It can’t because I ate the rest of the ice cream!
catspajamas has gotten 86 cheers on this goal.
- Waterfall Nymph cheered this 3 months ago
- johnest cheered this 10 months ago
- Nurseholistic cheered this 4 years ago
- Todd Schoonover cheered this 5 years ago
- PurpleHeather cheered this 5 years ago
- Sara161616 cheered this 5 years ago
- MissMay cheered this 5 years ago
- jimrin cheered this 6 years ago
- Luke cheered this 6 years ago
- Loco cheered this 6 years ago
- RitasToDoList cheered this 6 years ago
- Rachel cheered this 6 years ago
- GrammaG cheered this 6 years ago
- SunnyFate cheered this 6 years ago
- prou cheered this 6 years ago
- Gwendydd cheered this 6 years ago
- Nicole cheered this 6 years ago
- sketch15 cheered this 6 years ago
- jaacen cheered this 6 years ago
- Texas Lin cheered this 6 years ago
- sitio cheered this 6 years ago