I still totally intend to do this.
www.libertytravel.com/Vacations Up to 50% Off Our Package Rates. Inquire Online Or Talk To An Agent.
www.tripit.com/ The Ultimate Trip Planning Tool. Create a Travel Itinerary Online.
www.capitalone.com/MilesCreditCards Capital One® Miles Credit Card. 2X Miles on Every Purchase.
www.travelsense.org/Trip-Assistance Take the Headache out of Planning Get Help from Expert Travel Agents
www.expedia.com/Vacation Expedia Guarantees the Best Price. Shop & Book Vacation Packages.
Abigail has written 4 entries about this goal
I had completely given up on this until today. I had decided that I felt too sick and too tired at the end of chemo to make it on any vacation and still have fun. Donald agreed, based on how bad he saw I was feeling. And then, I got much, much sicker.
Today I am starting a long, slow road to recovery at Gram’s house. And she interrupted my nap today to tell me that she had a plan for when I was feeling up to it – we’ll drive to Mackinac, and take the cruise up there, with dinner and drinks and sightseeing. It’s about two hours, she says, and we can stay the night and come home. This sounds managable and fun … and why not? If it takes me a year to accomplish this goal, I’m still gonna do it. So there.
Everyone went nuts, and Grandma decided she didn’t have enough energy for vacation, probably, but maybe she did, and maybe I should go with G or G and Gram or even G and Mom, and then Gram changed her mind again, and again … I don’t even know what she really wants. I have no way to guess. But I think she doesn’t really want to go. So I am now planning with Donald, the original plan, for an Alaskan cruise … also the original plan. Whew. And we’re planning for real – I told him to get me dates and I’d hammer the bosses until they said yes.
Grandma wants to go on an Alaskan cruise with me.
Donald wants to go on a long train trip.
Both sound incredibly fun … but how do I make each of them feel like I’m totally picking THEM … and how do I get two long vacations off work?!?
Abigail has gotten 40 cheers on this goal.
- inner guru cheered this 16 months ago
- CutelyEvil cheered this 17 months ago
- Amanda cheered this 21 months ago
- SecretHen cheered this 2 years ago
- ImGonnaFly17 cheered this 2 years ago
- clear2blue cheered this 2 years ago
- merry_go_round cheered this 2 years ago
- Awaywiththefairies cheered this 2 years ago
- RM cheered this 2 years ago
- elli_p cheered this 3 years ago
- LaurieJay cheered this 3 years ago
- HippieChick2 cheered this 3 years ago
- KylieAnnP cheered this 3 years ago
- gitana17 cheered this 3 years ago
- anamaria16 cheered this 4 years ago
- fishnchad cheered this 4 years ago
- miette cheered this 4 years ago
- in your heart there's a spark cheered this 4 years ago
- Kroo cheered this 4 years ago
- travelyogatrance cheered this 4 years ago
- holly_3 cheered this 4 years ago