301. List 5 things you have not experienced that you would like to experience before you die.
A. – skydiving
B. – catching a really big fish out of the ocean
C. – standing on top of a snow covered mountain that I just climbed
D. – spend a month in a monastery/ashram
E. – wake up on a sailboat with no land in sight
302. Will you try to accomplish any of these things within the next year? – No firm plans, but I’m pretty much open to whatever. My only concrete plan at the moment is walking the Camino de Santiago later this summer or early fall.
303. What do you feel controlled by? – I let the opinions of others sway me too much… I get guilted (usually of my own making but sometimes not) into doing or not doing things.
304. If Jesus appeared to you and told you that the moon was made of green cheese would you believe him? – Absolutely. If anyone appeared to me out of no where and told me I’d probably be inclined to believe them.
305. What is one thing you are sure of? – The only thing I’m sure of is that life/time goes on, with or without me or regardless of anything else. Life rolls on like a river, ever flowing.
306. At what part of the day do you feel the most alert? – later afternoon (3 – 5 pm)
307. Have you ever played in a band? – nope
308. Have you ever stared into the ocean thinking ‘early creatures crawled outta that’? – No. Every time I’m at the ocean I just stare at how immense and powerful it is and it helps me put my own life in perspective.
309. If not, what do you think of when you are staring into the ocean? – See above.
310. Do you like the mental challenge of chess or other games? – yes
311. Do you ever think of where your atoms were before they were in you? – Yes, I think that’s what reincarnation is.
312. Do you ever think about where your atoms will go after they have been in you? – Yes (see above).
313. If you didn’t know that people couldn’t fly do you think that you could? – no
314. Are you someone that others call when they’re having a problem and want to talk about it? – Quite often, my friends do call me for advice, actually… sometimes they call just to have someone listen. I’m a good listener.
315. When it comes to literature, do you see beyond the writing and into the meaning intended by the author? – I try to… but more often than not I see how it relates to my own experiences.
316. Is there anything you can take apart completely, and then put back together, and have no left over parts? – a gun
317. What are your feelings about the death penalty? – I’m very opposed to the death penalty.
318. If there was a god and you could ask him/her one question what would it be? – What’s next?
319. Do you believe that life will be found on other planets? – I do believe in life on other planets.
320. What is something worth suffering for? – Love.
321. If you could put an extra eye on your body anywhere you wanted, where would you put it? – Probably someplace that would allow me to check out hot girls more often. lol
322. Are you in touch with the earth and nature? – I’d like to think so.
323. Would you rather live simply or extravagently? – Simply.
324. Have you ever been camping? – Many, many times.
325. Is your heart open when you meet someone new? – I’d like to think so.
326. Are you able to have conversations with and become friends with people who are not like you and are interested in different things than you are? – Yes. I have a lot of friends that are very different than me in both their personalities and their interests/experiences.
327. Are strangers more beautiful or frightening to you? – beautiful
328. What stops you from doing everything you want to do? – Stupid stuff like guilt and fear.
329. Can you think of three adjective that do not apply to you at all? – angry, fashionable, conventional
330. How do you feel about Jeremy Jaynes, who got a nine year prison sentence for spamming people with junk email (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jaynes)? – The law is the law, I guess.
331. Do you know who the current premier of China is? – I haven’t a clue.
332. Are you very active? – Kinda… I tend to always be doing something.
333. Is there a city that reminds you of the landscape of your brain? – Not a city but a town: Moab, Utah.
334. Have you ever loved someone who has loved you back? – Yes.
335. Is it really being ‘in love with’ someone if the other person doesn’t love you? – I’m not entirely sure… I used to think love is something I do, but after reading Thich Nhat Hanh’s book, True Love, I’ve wondered if love is something that exists between two people instead of something that one has for another.
336. Do you believe that there is someone perfect for everyone or that people just fall in love with who ever they are with at the time? – A little bit of both.
337. Do you know secret things? – Several.
338. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn’t have? – Once… it changed my life and hers both in good ways and in bad ways.
339. How do you overcome your fears? – By realizing all is temporary, including myself and even this world.
340. What can you do better than anyone you know? – Listen.
341. Would you benefit from a wilder existence? – Probably.
342. Does it seem to you like the range of socially acceptable behavior is getting smaller or larger? – Both depending on what we are talking about. It seems it’s becoming more acceptable to do a lot of things but less acceptable to believe a lot of other things.
343. Have you ever fired a gun? – Quite a few times.
344. Are people becoming more afraid of each other? – I think so.
345. If you had to choose the percentage of freedom vs. safety what ratio would you decide on (ex: 100% free 0% safe)? – 90% free, 10% safe
346. Does safety stifle you? – It can be limiting and then you have to ask yourself what the point of living in a bubble is.
347. Who or what needs to be stopped? – Guilt.
348. Are human beings becoming more domesticated? – I think we are losing our connection with nature and what is real.
349. Do you follow the lives of the British Royal Family? – No, I think the idea of royalty is absurd.
350. How did the death of Pope John Paul II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_Paul_II) affect you? – It didn’t.
351. Have you ever lost something and never found it? – Many times.
352. Do you listen to any talk radio shows? – No, I find it very annoying.
353. Who do you trust more, your friends or your parents? – Depends on what I am trusting them with.
354. Would you ever date someone outside of your race or religion? – Yes.
355. Which of the 7 deadly sins in the worst (gluttony, greed, pride, lust, envy, wrath, sloth)? – Pride.
356. Which one are you most guilty of? – Sloth
357. Are you afraid to be alone with yourself? – Sometimes… it’s hard to be left with your own thoughts at times.
Do you try to avoid thinking? – Sometimes.
358. Would you venture to tell someone you loved him or her if they didn’t say it first? – Yes.
359. What are you the most sensitive about? – My physical appearance… I don’t feel attractive at all.
360. What can you talk about for hours? – Caves and philosophy. :)
361. Do you talk about yourself, other people, or ideas the most? – Ideas and places.
362. Do you believe that spell casting can work? – Sure, why not?
363. Are you a fan of The Legend of Zelda games? – I LOVE the Legend of Zelda games.
364. What old movie would you go see if it were re-released in the movie theaters? – The Sting
365. Is there a celebrity that you would be too starstruck to talk to if you met them? – No. I don’t pay attention to celebrities too much.
366. Have you ever left a mean unsigned note? – Nope.
367. Do you think it’s cheesy to paste things you didn’t write into your diary? – No. There aren’t any original ideas or thoughts so it’s all a type of regurgitation.
368. What are three things that you try not to think about? – Mental illness, homeless animals, and failure
369. Is casual sex acceptable for you? – I think it can be okay as long as both people see it that way.
370. What form of sexual protection do you use? – Common sense and whatever goes along with that.
371. What is expected of you that you feel is unnatural or not right? – Running the Rat Race
372. Do you sometimes place your own expectations on other people? – I’m sure I do to a degree, but I honestly try not to.
373. Do you sometimes act overeager to make friends when you are around strangers? – I don’t think so.
374. Do you take everything that is said literally? – No. There isn’t much you can take literately.
375. Do you take most things others say seriously? – No.
376. Do you have a quick wit? – I think quickly but usually don’t say much.
377. Do you believe in the need for political correctness? – It has its place but I think it’s taken to the extreme quite too often.
378. Do you have strong opinions and beliefs? – I think most things are subjective.
379. If yes, can you still hang out with and be friends with people who disagree with you? – Sure.
380. Are you uptight? – Nope.
381. Do you sometimes do risky things? – Yes.
382. Could just about anyone hold your interest in a conversation for at least ten minutes? – Probably.
383. Are you self-conscious? – Painfully so sometimes.
384. What would be your ideal destination for a Saturday afternoon? – A hiking trail.
385. Does anyone have a video tape of you doing soemthing embaressing? – Ummmm… I don’t think so. At least I hope so.
386. What is Kevin Smith’s(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith) best movie? – Clerks
387. Where do you like to go on Friday or Saturday nights? – Fridays I like to volunteer at a homeless shelter in Louisville, KY. Saturdays I usually do my shopping for the week.
388. Do you like your friends to act the same way all the time or do you accept their moods and changes? – I’m pretty accepting… or at least I’d like to think so.
389. Do you often feel like other people are judging you? – Sometimes.
390. What do you think other people judge you to be like? – I think it makes people uncomfortable that I don’t do what most other people do.
391. Are you quick to judge others? – I probably do judge people to some degree, but I honestly try not to.
392. When you have a fight with someone do you want to talk about it right away or calm down first and then talk? – I try to avoid the fight to begin with.
393. Some say love is a river (according to the old song). What do you say love is? – Love is life.
394. What is the worst fault a person can have? – Not being open minded.
395. Do you have it? – I try to be open minded.
396. Which do you think has more impact on a person’s character, genetics or environment? – I think genetics does play a role, but I think environment means more.
397. Who was your first best friend? – There was a girl named Jenny that I knew when I was a teenager… we were very close but then she disappeared.
398. If you are not best friends anymore, what came between you? – I’m not sure, but she just disappeared.
399. Who have you read a biography about? – George S.S. Patton
400. What would your own autobiography be called? – Life flows on like a river.