booked private lessons starting next week Friady! So far, so good.
www.berlitz.us/French Effective French Lessons for Kids and Adults at Over 50 Locations.
www.rosettastone.com/ Start Speaking French in Minutes. Get Started Today with a Free Demo.
mmla.middlebury.edu/ 4-Week Summer Academy Grades 8-12 Enrollment closes May 30. Apply Now
www.stuttering.org/ Learn To Speak Fluently In 12 Days. HCRI Stuttering Therapy Program!
www.frantastique.com/ A daily 'workout' with fun lessons. The easier, friendlier way to learn
chrysania has written 10 entries about this goal
When I am back from my vacation I will have to start looking for a teacher for private lesssons. It will only be possible at weekends so I will have to find one that works saturdays as well.
My roomie and I started speaking french randomly with each other and also watching SATC in French (which sounds really weird by the way and has crappy subtitles). I realized that I really know quite a bit of French – both grammar and vocabulary are alright. The problem is I don’t really know how to proceed to those things that I don’t know, which are the easy relaxed talk among friends (in a cool way) and the professional things I would need for work. Neither are in any textbooks I can find.
At the moment I gave up on this goal, I actually found an opportunity to take inexpensive, flexible French classes with a nice Senegalese woman. So this goal comes up again….
Just wrote an email to Alliance Francaise asking about classes starting in April. I hope there will be one that would be appropriate for my very rusty French. The basics are still there (reading isn’t a problem), but opening my mouth around French people is just too scarry. I definitely need help for that.
... made me realise how good I used to speak french. I understand everything as long as it is reasonably slow and I potentially can say everything … and after two glasses of wine I do. What I am missing is the confidence to actually speak more than simple sentences.
I spent the last 30 minutes listing to a french radio station. The topic though was horrible. It was some weird show with people calling in to ask questions about hepatitis. Anyway, I could understand the answer’s pretty well, with the callers I was completely lost. They spoke so fast and with all the background noise, it was impossible. If they had better programmes, I might listen more often.
I am thinking about spending 4 weeks in France this summer taking a language class … yet again. I’ve done this 3 times so far, with mixed results. The last time didn’t improve my french at all. In the short term, of course, but I couldn’t keep it up. Honestly, I am getting a bit tired of learning the same things over and over again. Why is this language so difficult?
The original one was to find a french course I liked, but since I don’t know how long I will actually stay here there isn’t really a point. So I bought a french audiobook yesterday which comes with a course book etc. I seems a good idea. All I have to do is get back into the habit of speaking french. I used to speak it quite well, now I am just afraid to open my mouth.
over the next week
chrysania has gotten 27 cheers on this goal.
- lovely_lizzy cheered this 2 months ago
- kittymamba cheered this 3 months ago
- annabrit cheered this 3 months ago
- butohdancer cheered this 6 months ago
- abendlied cheered this 8 months ago
- indigoliquidd cheered this 12 months ago
- Kristina cheered this 19 months ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 19 months ago
- Pete cheered this 19 months ago
- nealcassady cheered this 2 years ago
- Ash cheered this 2 years ago
- LunacyBleeding cheered this 3 years ago
- metafora77 cheered this 3 years ago
- runwim cheered this 3 years ago
- gjkhjr01 cheered this 3 years ago
- ezra_morgan cheered this 3 years ago
- BE the change you wish to see in the world! cheered this 4 years ago
- princessTAB cheered this 4 years ago
- Cdngirl2 cheered this 4 years ago
- JennBunny cheered this 4 years ago
- Frohikes Buddy cheered this 4 years ago