we survived another apartment inspection. It was today. Wow, it is always so much work to get ready for these. I got barely 4 hours of sleep last night. It would be a lot easier if I could get in the habit of decluttering regularly.
Carm has written 8 entries about this goal
Walter reminded me that we are just over a month away from our annual apartment inspection time. I need to make time to declutter!
We had our apartment inspections yesterday after our big clean-up. Everything came out fine, and they are going to replace our heat lamp bulb.
Now if only I could manage to keep the apartment decluttered so inspections are not so stressful to prepare for. In fact, although we are “inspection ready” there is still lots of improvement to be made.
We have apartment inspections again in about a week. I’m taking some time off later this week to work on the apartment. I don’t know why I have such a hard time working on this when I don’t have this pressure of the inspections.
I wonder why they are inspecting again just 7-8 months after the last inspections. Walter wonders if they might be getting ready to think about selling the building. Two other apartment buildings within 3 blocks have sold in the last year. Yikes, I hope he is wrong.
Our apartment inspection was yesterday. It was really quick and pain free thanks to days of cleaning ahead of time. I would really like to keep the place looking better on a regular basis so I don’t go through so much anxiety when this comes up each year. Better yet, wouldn’t it be nice to have things looking so good we could have company on a regular basis. That’s my dream.
Annual apartment inspections are coming around a little earlier than last year. We got our notice the other day. Thankfully they gave us two weeks notice – inspections start on the 22nd.
We just have too much stuff!! I’m taking off weekends and a couple days next week to work on it. Wish me luck.
I’ve been reading the Buried in Treasures book. It has a good plan for getting out from under the clutter for anyone who has a serious problem. I like the book’s approach and I’m going to give their plan a try.
Approximately once a year our landlords inspect every apartment in the building. We got our notice a few days beforehand and spent 3 days on the apartment. The inspections went fine and it looks a lot better, but there’s more that could be done. I hope I can use this as momentum to keep going and keep it from getting bad again.
Carm has gotten 81 cheers on this goal.
- CageLoves cheered this 1 month ago
- mikeythewabbit cheered this 9 months ago
- *Cathy McDowell* cheered this 11 months ago
- littlemaxine93 cheered this 11 months ago
- maga2010 cheered this 13 months ago
- smorris cheered this 14 months ago
- firefly1818 cheered this 17 months ago
- Joe Mayer cheered this 19 months ago
- Pete cheered this 20 months ago
- kewpie cheered this 21 months ago
- MarkusBallard cheered this 21 months ago
- Stephen cheered this 21 months ago
- Z cheered this 21 months ago
- zdechlinka cheered this 2 years ago
- Lilka cheered this 3 years ago
- Taz cheered this 3 years ago
- Lanie cheered this 3 years ago
- ChristinaMarie cheered this 3 years ago
- Tamhawk cheered this 3 years ago
- atinygoat cheered this 3 years ago
- 080906 cheered this 3 years ago