I don’t think my mom is quite ready to move yet. The other home opportunities in the past did not come to fruition… will keep eye open but not much really planned as far as this goes at this time. I imagine it is very difficult to give up independance after allmost 80 years. It is just a take it as it comes deal for now.
Chris Pine has written 4 entries about this goal
While not the same house when I started this goal. The other home is now going to Auction. It was foreclosed on and is starting at 69k. Very reasonable seeing a few years ago it would probably have sold for 210k. I am in a position should I get it at a low enough price I could swing it. I just don’t know if this is the right decision. Not even sure if she would move if the offer was their. I have talked with her about it and she is pretty stubborn about her independance. :) I suppose I would be too.
I have asked her if you could move back here would you like to and she won’t answer the question asked. She just says I don’t think my income would go very far here. So my decision about this is difficult. If I did this I would forego the other goal fo being 100% debt free. I doubt I would get the home for the price I could offer anyways. Well will keep thinking about it.
This goal does seem like I will not be able to make it happen. I do beleive that writing it down does somthing allmost magic though and the power of focus. You all know what I mean. SO will keep thinking.
My mother moved to a small farming community when she and my step dad retired. It is several hours drive from us. The reason she moved there was financial primarily. The town is wonderful and I would actually rather move their, but again my vocation will not allow that for of a commute everyday. SO without starting another vocation in teh small town where their is not much work.. we are at this place. The home down the street was walked away from and is for sale by hud atthis time, even then I do not thing she could qualify to get it and then even if she could she would not be able to make the payments. We have talked about just telling her to move in with us we could make do but I don’t know if she would really do it. I am open to many ways to do this. I have a strong feeling, now that my stepdad is gone, (5 years ago) she wants to come back to Denver to be around family. I will keep thinking….
Chris Pine has gotten 41 cheers on this goal.
- ClumsyPanda cheered this 11 months ago
- Alaythia cheered this 21 months ago
- sweetyblue cheered this 2 years ago
- Suzi cheered this 4 years ago
- kklopfstein cheered this 4 years ago
- funchilde cheered this 4 years ago
- ready steady cheered this 4 years ago
- SatisfyMySoul cheered this 4 years ago
- Jillianne cheered this 5 years ago
- kaid1 cheered this 5 years ago
- MusesFigment cheered this 5 years ago
- Biz cheered this 5 years ago
- ambergamgee cheered this 5 years ago
- FaithLikeRuth cheered this 5 years ago
- daisyheaded cheered this 5 years ago
- catherine's daughter cheered this 5 years ago
- loving each day cheered this 5 years ago
- lowrylana cheered this 5 years ago
- razz51 cheered this 5 years ago
- ~ John Lee ~ cheered this 6 years ago
- Forever_young cheered this 6 years ago