tomorrow morning I am going to write a love note in lipstick on the bathroom mirror to give him a cheerful start to the working week!
damselfly has written 53 entries about this goal
tonight we are taking homemade cold pizza and some beers and a blanket to go watch a dog show at a local sports ground. Have never been to a dog show before, should be fun thing to watch.
It was fantastic night. We had so much fun! We sat and ate pizza while watching a lot of showings, and after walked around the showers stands were all the doggies were waiting their turn. There were so many unusual looking dogs. We like the great danes, the saint bernard called Hagrid, the enormous collies, the tiny chihuahus, the wide range of terriers, lovely rolly polly dogs. I felt childlike in my awe and amazement, for the variety. I was particularly taken with the Italian miniature grehounds – they were gorgeous, very delicate and sleek. It was a nice evening and I patted so many lovely creatures :)
We have a 3 year old boy cat (Loki)and in July of this year we adopted a rescue cat 1 year old (Skadi). Loki, the male is prone to bullying the younger female, Skadi. So tonight we are testing out a cat pheromone in a diffuser which will spread happy vibes and hopefully put a stop to the nasty fights and chasing. Its a product called Felispray. Hope it works.
Last night for dinner I made my own Couscous salad. Its something I by quite often for lunch, so it was nice to learn how to make it. The dressing was a little garlicky but the spices made it taste just like the one from the shop. Have the leftovers for lunch today.
I have been reading about this arm of Buddhism this week. The chanting seems to focus people. Not sure if I am understanding underlying basis of the practice though – does it suppose to be the only ‘right’ buddhism? If that’s true it puts me off.
tonight I cooked chilli stuffed capsicums for the first time. Pretty delish and quite healthy.
I just had 3 of these for lunch. A chicken one, a tofu one and and prawn one. Scrumptious!! So much so I am going to make it a project to try making my own at home :)
Trying out some new music that is totally out of my usual tastes
1. Tony Bennett – ok
2. Dixie Chicks – Might like this :)
3. Jane Rutter – ok
There is so much music created in the world, I feel as though I could never hear it all, but I am going to do my darndest to sample a really wide range.
This afternoon we finally stopped at this Aboriginal heritage site on a road we drive along all the time. Its an Aboriginal cultural site of well-preserved grinding stones and axe and spear-making grooves. Very cool. The only sad thing was that although this is a protected site of the Gubbi Gubbi tribe, the EPA don’t seem to mind that the creek site has all kinds of not native garden escapees growing there…
My mother – inlaw gave us a salad dressing shaker as a gift recently and tonight we used it for the first time when making a summer pea salad which had a dressing made from white wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic and dijon mustard. Very successful, the device worked a treat and produced a creamy, well mixed dressing :)
damselfly has gotten 27 cheers on this goal.
- floebee cheered this 6 years ago
- indieookami cheered this 7 years ago
- joeyinthebush cheered this 7 years ago
- Triniprincess cheered this 7 years ago
- Sandra Lara cheered this 7 years ago
- Sara cheered this 7 years ago
- fuchi_Lou cheered this 7 years ago
- Bookmonkey cheered this 7 years ago
- rockstarlady cheered this 7 years ago
- Maubee cheered this 7 years ago
- allogenes cheered this 7 years ago
- Nosce te ipsum cheered this 7 years ago
- PeaceHopeLife cheered this 7 years ago
- rocketChips does all her own stunts cheered this 7 years ago
- Citigirl cheered this 7 years ago
- Stu cheered this 7 years ago
- Tio D. working to end Huntington disease cheered this 7 years ago
- Zap999 cheered this 7 years ago
- Jojo S cheered this 7 years ago
- carpe_diem_for_me cheered this 7 years ago
- sally0777 cheered this 7 years ago