Through another goal I have on here : Do first things first I have really made an effort to complete new biographies for some new characters. I always find it easier to develop story ideas through characters and putting them into situations that create conflict. I have wrote more in the last two weeks then I have in weeks.
dec80 has written 7 entries about this goal
I don’t know why I stuggle with completing this goal or even attempting it.
I hardly watch any tv nowadays and spend most of my time reading which in itself is suppose to help you write.
I’m going back to what worked before for me and am going to spend at least one hour a week writing or fleshing out characters. I am also going to have a root around online to see if I can find a possible competition to enter that would give me a chance to practice.
They say in order to be able to write a novel you should practice writing at every opportunity. Write More, WRITE ANYTHING.
I’ve been writing a kind of Fan Fiction story for a while now. It is a finished piece of work in that it has a beginning a half decent middle and it’s rounded off nicely at the end. To me it makes sense. I constantly go back and edit it and flesh it out and develop the characters more.
I know that it will never get published. It’s a bit of fun that helps me escape I do think it is helping me understand what my writing style is.
That can only be a good thing.
I have a idea for a book I’d like to write. I have had it a while but never seem to find the time to develop it. I’ve decided i’m going to spend 1 hour a week (That’s nothing) to developing my story. Actually got a good couple of hours in last week and I spent some time reading a “How to write” book. So my drive is definately back.
Made a big effort this week to start devloping an old story I never finished. It’s not very good but at least it’s a start and maybe if I develop it enough it will become good….???
I think as long as i’m writing something it’s a step in the right direction….. Well I hope.
I think it helped making it one of my new years resolutions. I’ve started to look at some old story ideas i’ve had in the past to work out why they always seemed to run out of steam half way through. I am trying hard to flesh out characters and make them more belivable.
I was never one of the popular kids in school so I used writing as a way of escaping. At the time I created a fictional world in my writing where I could be all that I wanted to be. I must find the time to write more now and continue to remind myself why writing has always been so important to me.
dec80 has gotten 29 cheers on this goal.
- Biddly Bong cheered this 1 month ago
- chaucer1234 cheered this 1 month ago
- Living In God's Exquisite, Miraculous Sufficiency cheered this 1 month ago
- hhannah cheered this 8 months ago
- calebcraig cheered this 9 months ago
- Forester321 cheered this 10 months ago
- indiannie_jones cheered this 10 months ago
- DocD cheered this 12 months ago
- ideclaire cheered this 12 months ago
- Z cheered this 19 months ago
- cia007 cheered this 22 months ago
- LGS cheered this 1 year ago
- rosewilder cheered this 2 years ago
- bermudamohawk cheered this 2 years ago
- Joe Mayer cheered this 2 years ago
- Ash cheered this 2 years ago
- littlepeterpan cheered this 2 years ago
- runwim cheered this 2 years ago
- afef cheered this 2 years ago
- ElleLyzette cheered this 3 years ago
- Amanda cheered this 3 years ago