...I was busy before! Ha!
Des has written 10 entries about this goal
I’m all jazzed up following a successful event I organized. Now, how do I bottle this up to pull out again later when I need the motivation???
I tend to get the vital things done and let the rest go. I’m ready to start giving up some of my commitments instead.
I have almost 6 solid hours “free” (meaning I don’t have to be someplace), which is a rarity for me. I have soooo much to do today, way more than 6 hours worth, but I have zero motivation. I don’t know where to start, and I don’t really want to do any of it. I’m not quite sure what to do with myself.
Tomorrow I have to compile our organization’s newsletter. It may not sound like a big job, but with something like this my perfectionistic tendencies kick in and nearly paralyze me. Fortunately I got some help tonight from a friend—she gave me some input on the articles I wrote and together we edited another person’s articles. Now all I have to do is copy in some other information and then lay it all out. It’s nothing fancy, but I’m sure it will prove to be more difficult than it looks.
...doing lousy on this one. I’m going to try really hard to get caught up on the critical things tomorrow.
Have I ever sunk myself in deep this time!!! I’m going to be one terribly busy person for the foreseeable future.
:( How do I manage to get myself in charge of all of these things???
So you all stop talking to me for a while, ok? ;-)
I have been procrastinating several major projects for far too long. I think the problem is that I was not ready for this position when I accepted it, so I do not feel confident enough in my ability to live up to my responsibilities. It’s the perfectionist thing, I think.
To compound the problem, I have several other personal projects I want to get started on, but I don’t feel I should dedicate the time to them when I have these other outstanding obligations. Therefore, I do nothing at all. I need to find a way to get over the hump.
I tend to become over-extended. But I have taken on a number of responsibilities, for better or worse, and I intend to see them through. I need to find a way to maintain my motivation.
Des has gotten 153 cheers on this goal.
- SatisfyMySoul cheered this 3 years ago
- goodegurl107 cheered this 4 years ago
- Kim N cheered this 5 years ago
- rosymamacita cheered this 5 years ago
- Stryker777 cheered this 5 years ago
- BlackBalloon cheered this 5 years ago
- Besina_Sartor cheered this 5 years ago
- Nikita cheered this 5 years ago
- Kristyfull cheered this 5 years ago
- spreadyourwings cheered this 5 years ago
- hajush cheered this 5 years ago
- bp cheered this 5 years ago
- nawatramani cheered this 5 years ago
- nicolasc - spring has sprung! cheered this 5 years ago
- SG cheered this 5 years ago
- PurpleHeather cheered this 5 years ago
- ToddieM cheered this 5 years ago
- Melissa B. cheered this 5 years ago
- sierrak cheered this 5 years ago
- Harmonygirl as a Meez cheered this 5 years ago
- Lisa cheered this 5 years ago