I went to see X-Men III in Chinatown with some of the Trumans Friday night even though I haven’t seen either I or II, and I actually sort of enjoyed watching the advertisements that they now play in the theater before the previews. Before the movie. Good Lord.
Anne Lo has written 5 entries about this goal
2 months left!
After Carter spilled red wine on my mom’s laptop (sorry, Carter, I had to give you one more dig XOXO) I don’t think I am going to need to get a TV anytime soon. I like my new 19” monitor a lot.
So I keep telling myself she really did me a favor. Only downside is that you can’t take the laptop out of the house anymore, but I rarely do that anyway. And now I desire a TV even less.
When I was a kid my bro and I were limited to an hour a day. I still think my mother had ridiculous rules about not letting me watch certain things (we blocked MTV in my house until I went to college and I actually wasn’t allowed to go to PG-13 movies until I turned 13… TOTALLY uncalled for), but I am glad they taught me to entertain myself. Now I just veg out in front of the tube when I go home though, to avoid running into people I don’t want to see from way back when.
I am going to be sad when I can’t have a Derby-watching party at my apartment this year. Maybe I shouldn’t give up hope—maybe I will figure out a way to get to Kentucky that weekend.
and had to go to Fairfax to watch GMU play Wichita State—and they won! It was magnificent! And I got to watch it in the company of excited GMU students.
Sometimes, I think maybe TV is not so bad.
But the commercials! I always forget how much of television is just ads. It’s such a waste of time.
GO PATRIOTS! WAHOO!
On Monday it will have been 7 months without a television! I cheated a little while at my parents’ house, I guess. Whoops.
You’d be surprised how much people pressure you about not having a television. Isn’t that silly? It’s like you make them feel guilty about watching it or something. I have nothing against TV. I actually kind of like it. I just found myself without one for awhile, and now I’m taking advantage of that by using my time to accomplish other things. Sometimes that just means watching Netflix on my computer or reading on the couch. This can be quite the divisive issue, though.
Anne Lo has gotten 24 cheers on this goal.
- Erinina7 cheered this 7 years ago
- headapollo cheered this 7 years ago
- bloomsday616 cheered this 7 years ago
- blackicelycan cheered this 7 years ago
- heatherbanana cheered this 7 years ago
- mOz cheered this 7 years ago
- HavanaCat cheered this 7 years ago
- s_s_k0 cheered this 7 years ago
- follymath cheered this 7 years ago
- avonmore cheered this 7 years ago
- KasperLanger cheered this 7 years ago
- sitio cheered this 7 years ago
- cubalibre cheered this 7 years ago
- Amanda cheered this 7 years ago
- Curlychaos cheered this 7 years ago
- Ken cheered this 7 years ago
- OnFire cheered this 7 years ago
- ronia cheered this 7 years ago
- jessieryder cheered this 7 years ago
- Bobby Elliott cheered this 7 years ago
- Jillene cheered this 7 years ago