as much as I could be. Still I was pleased that I kicked up into Handstand 2 out of 3 tries during the class session today. Also held Headstand in front of the wall but did not touch the wall at all going up or coming down. Still do not have the endurance to hold either pose for a long time, but that’s because I don’t work on them often enough. It’s hard now that the studio closed where I was working 3 times a week because I was doing a lot of my inversion practice before or after class. My home space is not ideal for this, but need to keep my motivation & practice longer holds.
www.aupairlink.co.nz/ Find yourself. In New Zealand. We have Au Pair jobs available now!
www.youravon.com/ Earn From Home. Earn Online. Become an AVON® Representative Now!
jobs.classifiedads.com/ $25+/Hr Job Listings - Compare Now. Find Local & Online Work - Apply!
www.naturopathica.com/ Natural and active ingredients proven effective and non-irritating
dragonfly35 has written 24 entries about this goal
For about a month and a half, no handstand at all. Not even close. Today I kicked up again. I have trouble doing it when people are watching, so definitely there are some difficulties “in my head” ~ and I don’t know what other factors there might be. Very nice Handstand, Supported Headstand, and Shoulderstand practice for me today. Felt good.
I have no idea why, but I’ve been having trouble getting up into handstand again. It’s odd…
is going awesome now. It’s weird that I couldn’t do it before. Occasionally I can’t kick up, but generally I do.
I need to work on holding Headstand for longer, especially to be able to hold it with confidence away from the wall. I’m still fearful when in a room full of people that I’ll fall and kick somebody.
I’m really working on with any consistency (even though not as regularly as I’d like), and I’ve been able to kick up into Handstand and hold it again at the wall, which is very exciting. I’m going to keep this one on the list. Inversions are probably also exactly what the doctor ordered for me right now, so I’d like the reminder to practice them regularly.
Today after teaching my class, I decided to practice kicking up in handstand. Most classes I try 3 or 4 times once everyone has left and before I go home. Today ~ for the first time ever ~ I succeeded in kicking up into the pose.
Of course, work in the pose itself was actually pretty easy (not surprising because there’s no physical reason why I haven’t been able to kick up – it’s all mental). C was there and witnessed it, so I have proof. It was pretty exhilarating and after I came down, I danced around the room instead of counter-posing in Uttanasana, which could have actually been pretty dangerous and caused me to pass out. Luckily, I was fine. I will keep my head next time. :)
any progress. Still working on it. It didn’t help that I wasn’t able to invert for a while because of my injuries.
I’m refining my understanding of entry to the pose. With headstand, now going up with the right leg straight first; I need to kick a tiny bit with the left to get in motion but I’m working to both legs going up straight. Can’t lead with the left this way yet, but working on it.
From that work, getting so very, very close in headstand. Taking the lead leg as high as I can straight now without using it for momentum. The trick is getting the other leg lifted with control so I can get both legs to the wall. I’m still having to kick with the other leg; it goes to the wall but bent and without control so my body gets wobbly and pulls me back down.
Seriously, I know I can do this. I just haven’t yet.
- Gaining confidence in supported headstand without the wall by doing it in front of the wall but without kicking up. I can do freestanding but get intimidated in class (where I could hit somebody if I fell) or at home (where my yoga space is very small and I could hit something and hurt myself if I fell).
- Gaining endurance in supported headstand with long holds, working towards 5 minutes. It’s hard to time, but I can hold for over a minute. My shoulders get quite sore but I’m increasing my endurance with practice.
- Kicking up into handstand. Still haven’t made it, but I’m trying a few times a week. I do better in the studio spaces than at home, where I don’t really have a wall and have to use a narrow hallway space where there isn’t really room to practice properly. I know I’ll get up there soon!
Generally working on these skills several times a week. Trying to be more consistent so as to give myself a chance to improve.
into Handstand again. I’m so close. I’m getting the lead foot to the wall with ease now that I understand the mechanics, but I need a similar shift in understanding about the mechanics of the other leg, I think. It goes up wonky and so by the time it gets there, the other leg’s on the way down. If I try to send it up with more force, I get off center. But I’m getting close.
dragonfly35 has gotten 31 cheers on this goal.
- Colleen_C_C cheered this 3 weeks ago
- Rajeev cheered this 1 month ago
- onesweetworld01 cheered this 2 months ago
- amy cheered this 2 months ago
- butohdancer cheered this 3 months ago
- AshaVera cheered this 3 months ago
- fieldsofclover cheered this 3 months ago
- 943 cheered this 4 months ago
- Theskysthelimit1976 cheered this 6 months ago
- aphel cheered this 7 months ago
- Celtic Christian cheered this 9 months ago
- Alyssa is a singular girl cheered this 10 months ago
- skyPRINCE cheered this 11 months ago
- Cherise cheered this 13 months ago
- starie cheered this 14 months ago
- Spatz cheered this 14 months ago
- Simon cheered this 14 months ago
- octoberclovered cheered this 15 months ago
- Dreamer~ cheered this 16 months ago
- Bee Sage cheered this 17 months ago
- galactickim cheered this 17 months ago