Got a book from the library called Knitting for Beginners. Looks pretty promising. I also have some baby blanket patterns on order. Perhaps I could knit a present for someone in time for Christmas??
www.cisco.com/go/edumobile Collaborate Anywhere W/ Cisco's Mobile Solutions for Education.
Hyacinth Girl has written 8 entries about this goal
I went to stay with my grandmother this week, and she spent a lot of time teaching me how to knit! She taught me the basic knit stitch years ago, and this week I learned how to purl, as well as how to cast on. I’m still on the lookout for a knitting club to join… perhaps after I move to Vancouver? I’d also like to knit a baby blanket, so I’m going to try to find an easy pattern at the library.
One of my coworkers invited me to join her knitting group! I am a beginners knitter, but I’m hoping to learn much more. Because I am starting a new class in July, I will only be able to attend this group a few times, but it’s a start!
I may also decide to find another group that fits my schedule if I like it.
Awww, my sister has received a lot of baby blanket for gifts, and I think it’s the sweetest idea. I’d like to make baby blankets for people!
I’ve knit a few rows using the basic knit stitch. I still remember it from when I was a little girl. It’s just as easy now as it was then! The scarf is going to be very wide… I’m not sure if that’s going to be a good thing or a bad thing, but I guess we’ll see!
Went and bought size 10 needles as per Karen’s advice. I watched a youtube video and learned how to make a slipknot and cast on. Now, I’m going to learn the knit stich and keep going until I’ve made a scarf!
I didn’t know how many stitches to cast on. I want to make a big thick eternity scarf. Any advice??
Ok, got some yarn from Walmart. It’s chunky and a beautiful teal colour. I’m going to buy knitting needles tonight, size 10.
I’d like to learn how to knit. I think it would be relaxing and useful for small gifts. I plan on learn how to knit scarves first. I’d really like to know how to make those big eternity scarves that I’ve seen everyone wearing lately.
I need to find a pair of knitting needles and some wool. I shall look for some today.
Hyacinth Girl has gotten 22 cheers on this goal.
- Abbaskid78 cheered this 9 months ago
- lovely_lizzy cheered this 9 months ago
- JWillow cheered this 11 months ago
- HOMETOWN GLORY cheered this 12 months ago
- Rae cheered this 13 months ago
- Speak_Now cheered this 14 months ago
- Blessed ♥ cheered this 14 months ago
- oemal cheered this 14 months ago
- anitius cheered this 14 months ago
- Dreamdancer12 cheered this 16 months ago
- seebimull cheered this 17 months ago
- Tartsy cheered this 19 months ago
- Sandy in California cheered this 20 months ago
- AshieBear cheered this 21 months ago
- LucidNixie cheered this 23 months ago
- she's afraid of the light in the dark cheered this 23 months ago
- SuBu rooroo cheered this 23 months ago
- carpediem14 cheered this 2 years ago
- Frebord cheered this 2 years ago
- SanguineSort cheered this 2 years ago
- brookelet cheered this 2 years ago