as in talking to people from around the world on the site www.interpals.net. I’ve sent a few long overdue postcards, one to WaltzingMarie on here :) Now it’s just a case of plucking up the courage to use Skype again!
eclectic passion has written 11 entries about this goal
...going on with my flag counter? When I logged in 10 mins ago, it said ‘57 flags collected’ though it was only displaying about 54. Now, it’s reverted back to saying ‘54 flags collected.’ Confused much?!
with Soren from Mexico. He told me that the accents of South American people vary a lot, and even he has trouble understanding the Argentinian accent. This was also my longest ever Skype call, it lasted 40 mins :)
is www.interpals.net. I also find busuu.com is good if you’re learning a new language :)
A girl called Diana, also from Colombia like my friend Juan Carlos :) There were a lot of awkward pauses and parts where she didn’t understand me but overall I’d still say I enjoyed talking to her. For some reason I seem to be better at talking to guys on Skype than girls, or maybe its just that the guy (Juan Carlos) is more chatty than the girls I’ve spoken to…hmm!
with a girl called Elena from Ukraine :) It went pretty well, now I can say I’ve spoken to people from 3 different continents on Skype: South America (Juan Carlos, Colombia), North Africa (Kamel, Algeria) and Eastern Europe (Elena, Ukraine.) (Ok so I know North Africa and Eastern Europe aren’t continents, but you get the gist of what I’m trying to say…)
with my friend Kamel from Algeria (the one who said that I was rare and that most Europeans he knows hate Arabs). It went surprisingly well, I wasn’t as shy as I thought I’d be. I have to say, after years of avoiding it, I LOVE SKYPE!
with my friend Juan Carlos from Bogota, Colombia. It went much better than I expected, I really enjoyed talking to him and the conversation flowed fairly well. I really recommend Skype, if you can get over the initial nerves of letting your voice be heard by a stranger. I hope to use it again soon :)
is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L9XllEaujA I just love the lyrics, how true they are =)
eclectic passion has gotten 76 cheers on this goal.
- Gwendydd cheered this 3 months ago
- vickyfaye cheered this 5 months ago
- Andromeda cheered this 5 months ago
- princessTAB cheered this 6 months ago
- meshmesh10 cheered this 6 months ago
- yvonne smith cheered this 7 months ago
- Triniprincess cheered this 7 months ago
- JackEveryman cheered this 7 months ago
- Pachinko66G cheered this 8 months ago
- Piper cheered this 8 months ago
- Dragon_Lady cheered this 9 months ago
- Being Bryn cheered this 9 months ago
- chickwitambition cheered this 9 months ago
- misscello cheered this 10 months ago
- LunaLizzard cheered this 10 months ago
- Inglorious nonconformist cheered this 11 months ago
- proudauzzie cheered this 11 months ago
- fairevrai cheered this 11 months ago
- atinygoat cheered this 11 months ago
- ClocksDeclaring cheered this 11 months ago
- Petr cheered this 11 months ago