We have to go shopping tomorrow, and when I think of our empty fridge – we have made huge progress. Besides the occasional veggie or fruit, this is done!
emeliakathryn has written 6 entries about this goal
continuing to make a weekly menu for dinner which really helps. mostly my husband goes shopping as he not such a sucker as me. i went this weekend and spent $165…anything under $200 is a coup. plus still eating out of our garden which helps.
well, we aren’t wasting the groceries we buy. and that’s good news. we’re just going way over budget on food in general. how much do you all spend on a week of food for a family of 4? just curious….
Been sticking to the menu every week. We just schedule weekdays and have more freedom on the weekends. Also helps with making sure on weekdays I’m not making anything too intense that would push back dinnertime for the girls. This has saved me between $300-$400 a month, and that’s good because I don’t have that much extra laying around!
we did sooo good this week. stuck to the menu plan, only ate what we had…no running out for extras. we ate all our veggies, fruit and perishables~no waste! we’ll sit down again this morning and do it all over again.
wrote out the dinner menu for the week and only bought what was called for in the recipes. this also helped to keep my grocery cost down, so this is helpful on 2 fronts. Now lets see if we can use it all up this week!
emeliakathryn has gotten 16 cheers on this goal.
- Plorange cheered this 3 years ago
- PCAB cheered this 3 years ago
- sparklebaby cheered this 3 years ago
- marycath06 cheered this 3 years ago
- NorthernSkye cheered this 3 years ago
- tamaribu cheered this 4 years ago
- kmarchin cheered this 4 years ago
- yearend cheered this 4 years ago
- Lanie cheered this 4 years ago
- besidequietwaters cheered this 4 years ago
- holly_3 cheered this 4 years ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 5 years ago
- runwim cheered this 5 years ago
- Daffer_Kent cheered this 5 years ago
- Karrieon cheered this 5 years ago
- germander cheered this 5 years ago