Doing very well in the last few weeks. Even with beer in the house.
www.transformationstreatment.com/ Alcohol Rehab With Private Rooms Call To Get Your Life Back Quickly!
www.powertoquit.org/ Online Alcohol Treatment Program 100% private, sign up Free today!
www.mywayout.org/ Learn about a whole new way to change the way your brain works
www.pbinstitute.com/ Stop Alcohol Abuse and Dependence Call 24/7 for Detox and Rehab Help
energy has written 13 entries about this goal
Almost had a drink. Didn’t.
Full success this weekend! No alcohol in the house and I intend to keep it that way for the time being.
I am both embarrassed and concerned by how difficult this has been.
So yesterday was a crappy day and I wanted a glass of wine.
Go to the grocery store, see that boxes of wine are on sale. Decide that I can indeed buy and I’ll bring it on the weekend trip to share. But later put it back on the shelf. I know that I have no reality check with a box of wine in the house and there is a chance it might not get used over the weekend. I can have a bottle, maybe, because I can see that I’ve drank 1/3 of it and that is enough for one night. And a bottle over a weekend is not excessive. But with a box, I don’t know. So I didn’t buy it. Didn’t want to buy a bottle either. I bought a 22 of a beer I haven’t tried before. Turned out, I didn’t even like it and dumped it after just a few sips.
I’m finding that if I get started with another beverage as soon as I get home, then I don’t even think about having a beer. These days my house is cold when I get home so I’m drawn to the kettle and start some tea and end up drinking cup after cup of tea all evening.
Need to find a way to do this in the warm weather as well, maybe try to always have lemonade in the fridge.
No drinking tonight. Tea only.
Last night after a seriously annoying evening of car trouble, canceled plans, nice strangers, rude strangers, walking in uncomfortable shoes because I forgot my sneakers were in the trunk of my car all along, a missed bus, a mall that closed super early and food court food that burned my throat, I got home at 9:30 (I’d left work at 5:15) and was so tempted for a glass of wine. But I drank chamomile and read a book instead.
This would be a lot easier if the boyfriend wanted to drink more often…
Lets say I’m hanging out with some friends, for example watching the superbowl or bowling. I have 2 beers, so as to not get tipsy and not be able to drive myself home. When I get home, I desire another beer for continued relaxation and to complete the evening. Is that considered drinking alone? If so I am guilty. Repeatedly.
energy has gotten 79 cheers on this goal.
- SimplicityInTheLBC cheered this 9 months ago
- charley_amadeus cheered this 9 months ago
- fritopia cheered this 10 months ago
- ihaveyourkitten cheered this 14 months ago
- eclectic passion cheered this 14 months ago
- Cherry87 cheered this 23 months ago
- Row mance cheered this 2 years ago
- naughtyminx78 cheered this 2 years ago
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 2 years ago
- LadySlipper cheered this 2 years ago
- kathybacon cheered this 2 years ago
- 943 cheered this 2 years ago
- zhelia cheered this 2 years ago
- adultbeginner cheered this 2 years ago
- JaneDelight cheered this 2 years ago
- Lcee09 cheered this 2 years ago
- jane cheered this 2 years ago
- Holly cheered this 2 years ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 2 years ago
- nevadagirlamber cheered this 2 years ago
- RagazzaRaffinata cheered this 2 years ago