I won’t be on the committee, since I won’t be in the area, but we are still walking. Win.
www.homeinsteadalzheimerscare.com/ Compassionate In-Home Care. Call Home Instead Senior Care Today
www.karmadata.com/alzheimers 353 Clinical Investigators in 948 Clinical Trials.
Paper Airplane has written 23 entries about this goal
I will be volunteering for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Memory Walk in Merrillville.
I am on the steering committee, and will also be walking with friends and family. We are making shirts with photos of our loved ones. We’ll be walking for at least 6 different people.
April 3, 1931 – March 13, 2011.
Thank you, Gram. I love you.
I know you’ll always be with me.
We have her still at home with hospice care. She had pneumonia about six weeks ago, and probably won’t fully recover, but she’s still sipping drinks and eating, albeit very little.
She’s very comfortable, still communicating (aphasia set in a while ago) and smiling. Still said, “I love you.” before I left last night. :)
Gram’s heels are starting to turn black, due to the restriction of circulation. Her body is starting to shut down. She’s staying with my aunt until Tuesday, and hopefully won’t have to go into hospice before then.
My Godmother’s mom just passed away this morning from complications stemming from Dementia. She went peacefully and surrounded by family.
even if she can’t.
She (finally) eats ‘like an NFL linebacker’, but is down to 99 lbs. My mom and C, her caregiver, took her for a routine checkup on Tuesday, and her doctor suspects something underlying, i.e. cancer.
She established a DNR before all this went down, so no further testing will be done to find out what’s going on.
We are keeping her home for as long as possible. Last step will be hospice.
We’ve all been told that if something happens while we’re visiting, tell the paramedics about the DNR.
My mom and uncle sat my grandpa down yesterday. I haven’t been filled in yet on how it went, but I imagine not great. :/
Preliminary plans are being set for her funeral, and my aunt and I will be in charge of photo collages.
Again… I hate this fucking disease.
In the meantime, she’s still kickin’.
She made a print of this photo of my grandparents back in the day for me, as a thank you for helping out with Gram. Not that I’m doing anything, just hanging out with them every couple of weeks.
I love it.
My Gram has about a year left. I will make her proud. I promise.
Paper Airplane has gotten 36 cheers on this goal.
- tanisharhian cheered this 5 months ago
- kathybacon cheered this 5 months ago
- Katie cheered this 7 months ago
- Lyre cheered this 16 months ago
- dharma_child cheered this 18 months ago
- gingeeta cheered this 23 months ago
- jess BE cheered this 2 years ago
- rrgayhart cheered this 2 years ago
- Sporadic Sprinter cheered this 2 years ago
- heaveemetal cheered this 3 years ago
- Almondskies cheered this 3 years ago
- Lune Fromage: Born of Stardust cheered this 3 years ago
- sierrak cheered this 3 years ago
- Alice604 cheered this 3 years ago
- N2thecalmb4thestorm cheered this 3 years ago
- flowergirlresumed cheered this 3 years ago
- Rose cheered this 3 years ago
- Biz cheered this 3 years ago
- B cheered this 3 years ago
- solrunner517 cheered this 3 years ago
- bluefish0526 cheered this 3 years ago