No more progress to report but I’m glad that at least I did not rebound.
Anyway, I’m staying overseas with my family for now, and I’m not sure how to achieve progress—I’m too fat to exercise in a a proper way; it’s too cold and polluted to walk outside. Food is horrible and you can’t find any fat-free options here. What should I do?
www.slimfast.com/ Lose Weight And Look Great. Get What You Really Want w/ Slimfast®!
www.perfectorigins.com/ Video That Shows 5 Damaging Foods For Your Liver & Weight.
www.journeygym.com/ Get your metabolism boosted to burn fat 24/7 in 15 mins. a day.
www.upwave.com/ Learn to Have Fun While Getting Fit! Learn More Now at upwave.
firefly1818 has written 12 entries about this goal
No more progress to report but I’m glad that at least I did not rebound.
The number is not huge given that I’ve been sort of working on this goal since mid December, however, looking at the scales is less of a surreal experience right now. I used to just look at it and laugh because I just could not comprehend that it was MY NUMBER. Huh??? I haven’t even thought women could walk being so overweight. But then seeing that I’m being able to run upstairs faster than many other fellow commuters just brought a new respect to the wonders of a human body :)
Anyway, weird as it may seem but I think I lost the weight just by watching Jon Stewart and laughing all night long. I decided to give myself a break and finally just do nothing AND feel good about it. I’ve always believed I have a cortizon/stress related type of weight gain. So, bottom line, I lost 8 pounds in this stress free week. I did not change anything food or sport related, just added a major dosage of Stewart (and Tw.light.)
1/4 – Finally went to the gym. The result is 5.5 miles and about 2.5 hrs on elyptical machine.
1/5 – 45 min on a treadmill @ 2.6 miles/hr with 40% incline.
1/6 – 1 hr on treadmill @ 2.6-3.0 miles. Total about 2.8 miles.
Skept several days because my knee hurts so much. I’ll need to work on strength training in the meantime.
Nothing much to say; just need to keep going. The first goal is 11 lbs. I need to be there by the end of January.
1/15/2011 – gained 2 lbs back. Total weight loss is 0.2 lbs. I could not go to gym over the past week because my knee hurts so much but I did cut portions on food. So, hopefully it will translate in a weight loss by next Sunday.
1/17/2011 – lost 2 lbs again. so, total weight loss is 2.2 lbs.For the first time in a long long time, had a normal lunch/dinner – chicken soup with an egg; rice with mushrooms; tea with raspberry.
1/18/2012 – gained back that 2 lbs. Total weight loss is 0.2 lbs
1/19/2012 – lost 0.8 lbs. Total weight loss 1 lb
1/31/2012 – lost 1.6 lbs. total weight lost for 2.6 lbs. I know that it’s miniscule number. BUT it’s a loss nevertheless, so I’m taking it. Thanks!
2/22/ – total loss between 5 – 7 lbs (depending on where you stand on the scale.) Turtle speed, but at least in right direction, so I’m taking it.
2/23 – total loss 5 lbs (whether I eat anything or not. Gosh, I no longer sleep or walk, I might stop eating as well.
The most amazing about this recipe is that I have pretty much all ingredients at home (except for coriander)! It’s probably the first time in my life that I don’t need to buy anything for a new recipe.
Lemon-spiced chicken with chickpeas
• 1 tbsp sunflower oil
• 1 onion , halved and thinly sliced
• 4 skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
• 1 cinnamon stick , broken in half
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• zest and juice 1 lemon
• 400g can chickpeas , drained
• 200ml chicken stock
• 250g bag spinach
• Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion gently for 5 mins. Turn up the heat and add the chicken, frying for about 3 mins until golden.
• Stir in the spices and lemon zest, fry for 1 more min, then tip in the chickpeas and stock. Put the lid on and simmer for 5 mins.
• Season to taste, then tip in spinach and re-cover. Leave to wilt for 2 mins, then stir through. Squeeze over the lemon juice just before serving.
290 kcalories, protein 42g, carbohydrate 14g, fat 7 g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 4g, sugar 3g, salt 1.03 g
Plus overall very easy recipes
Because it turns out that I weigh 10 lbs higher than my highest guesstimate. Bellissimo. But it’s in line with being majorly depressed, and having spent the last 5 years majorly stressed out and without moving. Anyway, I walked 2 miles today and yesterday, so will keep updating activity in this post.
12/18 – 2 miles
12/19 – 2 miles
1/1/12 – 2 lbs down
In the middle of this craziness, I just lost control of my life. Given that my visa expired on July 10th (I applied for extention) and I don’t have a greencard, and it won’t be until October that we will be able to apply for it, I just don’t know where I’m going to be tomorrow, I don’t know whether sacrifices of the past 13 years will ever pay back, I don’t know whether I would ever return here and I don’t know what to do with the rest of my life if I never get that greencard.
So, I might as well start working on a problem that has been a huge part of my life since I was 9. I’ve never been slim, gained and lost weight all my life but I’ve always been very fit and everybody considered me good-looking. Nevertheless, this weight-issue has always defined my life. I just learned to tune it out.
However, it’s time to admit it to myself that now I’m a morbidly-obesed mess of 240 lbs. So, no matter where I’m going to end, I’m committing to lose 100 lbs by August 2012.
ok, I need to get 24 lbs down by April.
Saturday 2/12 – spinach soup (lactaid milk, onion, spinach, butter) + tea.
Sunday 2/13 – almond milk with protein shake; roasted spaghetti squash + with a little bit of rice noodles and tea.
Now I need to stick to it.
1. Sleep eight hours per night
2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
3. Eat mostly fruit and vegetables
4. No refined sugar/carbohydrates
5. No alcohol
6. Exercise in the morning to increase metabolism at the start of the day
7. Eat only during six hours of the day, fast the other 18 hours (this also increases natural HGH production by 80 percent, making it possible to literally age backward. I did a ton of research in peer-reviewed journals on this and was amazed at my findings.)
8. Get moderate sunlight exposure (improves metabolism and reduces cortisol levels, which helps weight loss)
9. Drink water when hungry to stave off cravings
10. No unplanned snacking
11. Track food intake
12. Cheat meals once a week
13. Replace salad dressing with lemon juice mixed with 1 tbs olive oil.
14. Limit caffeine (1-2 cups coffee per day)
15. Take laxative teas or do salt water flush a la Master Cleanse two-three times per week.
16. Take a multivitamin and appetite suppressant as needed.
17. Stick to my allotted number of calories for the day
firefly1818 has gotten 53 cheers on this goal.
- of_journeys cheered this 2 months ago
- Marietta cheered this 2 months ago
- true_blue cheered this 2 months ago
- idkbrblol cheered this 3 months ago
- daretobedifferent_ cheered this 3 months ago
- First Drops of Rain cheered this 4 months ago
- sekhmet1970 cheered this 4 months ago
- Forester321 cheered this 5 months ago
- swinglifeaway316 cheered this 5 months ago
- LivingDeadGirl27 cheered this 5 months ago
- DayDreamer37 cheered this 6 months ago
- Ponyo cheered this 7 months ago
- In_focus (Andia) cheered this 8 months ago
- Jolly_Chika cheered this 10 months ago
- Mischa Fox cheered this 13 months ago
- Lynli cheered this 13 months ago
- elli_p cheered this 15 months ago
- *Cathy McDowell* cheered this 17 months ago
- nawatramani cheered this 21 months ago
- MyImaginaryWorld cheered this 21 months ago
- 1011011 cheered this 22 months ago