Run/walk on indoor suspended track. Well cushioned + new shoes. Felt stronger than anticipated.
funchilde has written 43 entries about this goal
up to 12 incline
Whew. post thanksgiving cardio. Not nearly enough I’m sure, but I need to be mindful of my knees and my right foot (ball of big toe) has been hurting probably because of combo of bad shoes and too much mileage at once. Definitely can tell I’m getting stronger. Never below 3.0 mph and got 4.0 for the last 1 minute I think.
57:33 = 3 miles
61:57 = 3.19 miles
I have been invited to do a run/walk for charity this weekend. I may do it if the date/times work out and its not too far. I’m really mostly excited about Hot Yoga coming to our area on Dec. 11th. I liked the one class I took but it was too far away to do regularly.
After a 10 day trip to India, wherein I never felt quite rested/not jetlagged, I desperately felt the need for exercise. My body was craving it. I had arbitrarily set a goal of hitting 5 miles today. My last run/walk was 3.39 or so, so where I came up with 5? Not sure, guess I wanted to push myself. It was harder than I thought and easier than I thought.
1. at mile 3 i was tired and considered just hopping off for the last 2 miles but something about having set the 5 mile goal wouldn’t let me do it.
2. I guess I had hydrated and fueled properly and felt pretty good.
3. wore my knee brace (L) side. and my fave sports bra. read a tip somewhere that to avoid chaffing, to try sports tape. Brilliant! until i had to take the tape OFF! which i did in the shower. yes it wasn’t painful but still, not something i want to do every time I run, but i guess it does beat the alternative.
4. I need new itunes music.
5. I am proud of myself for pulling it together and making this a priority. I like that my body was yearning for the exercise and needed the exhaustion.
6. I ran in my old airmax 95’s and it was better on the ball/big toe of my R foot than the Nike REAX, but I can still feel it. Next time I’ll try my New Balance 952’s which are kinda worn down too I think.
67 mins. averaged 3.0 mph which I know is slow for most of you 43T runners! But that is much improved from when I was released from the hospital in May after the DVT-PE. And even an improvement from last week. My legs felt good, I got up to 4.0mph a few times and heart was pumping but I could sustain the pace.
I need to try running in another pair of shoes, either my airmax 95’s or my new balance 952’s. The Nike REAX put me on my ball of foot on right side and it feels weird after a while.
Knee brace seems good and knees don’t bother me after about a mile.
went to gym kinda late (after 7) and had pain in my right side (bad gas I think), I made myself walk 3 miles. Not a sweat/cardio workout, but a persistence building workout. also, had a mojo bar, as i hadn’t eaten since 4pm so at 8pm i was crashing.
I’m not sure what came over me, but I think being frustrated with the stalled weight loss, coupled with my Dr. saying I may never be back to 100% but also acknowledging a 30lb weight loss all conspired to make me WANT to run this night. Again, I had every reason not to, including co-hosting a get together that was going to start at 630pm after a long work-week and friday. But I still suited up, got my knee brace and hit the gym w/ my iPod. 68 mins on the treadmill, a tad over 3 miles and I felt better. I want to fall in love with running and be obsessed with it in a healthy way. I think I realized that the spinning wasn’t going to be enough on its own and I saw pics of myself from when I’d lost quite a bit of weight a few years ago and remember how running was a large part of that.
I just felt so zen while running and though I’m sore now, I’m plotting my next 3 miler. I can DO THIS!
Proud of myself for hopping on the hotel treadmill for 47 mins (then 60 mins on bike). Approx 2.5 miles or so.
it has certainly been awhile. i was happy to get out tonite after work and walk. i was going to hit the pool as well, but decided to clean out my car and check in on a project at work. I’m looking forward to working out in the morning.
Missed a group weightlifting class so I decided to go for a walk since it was such a gorgeous evening. I didn’t intend to try to run because I didn’t have on the right gear (bra,socks, knee support) but still did a little shuffling. I did 13 laps then went and got into the pool at the gym.
Today was one of those days where at 5pm I didn’t really WANT to workout, but since my clothes were in the office I just put them on and I knew I’d be more likely to do something. I was right fortunately and I really do think changing at work and NOT going home is a key ingredient for my success so far.
I was also stoked by some new tunes that I downloaded. Prodigy and Nelly Furtado.
funchilde has gotten 79 cheers on this goal.
- iamsocrispy cheered this 10 months ago
- MangoShine cheered this 10 months ago
- OceansElixir cheered this 10 months ago
- ghammatx cheered this 11 months ago
- uccelletta cheered this 12 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 12 months ago
- kittymamba cheered this 12 months ago
- etoilefilante cheered this 13 months ago
- tribute_to_erasmus cheered this 13 months ago
- Straha cheered this 14 months ago
- starburst1982 cheered this 14 months ago
- Josh cheered this 16 months ago
- pixie2122 cheered this 18 months ago
- Dragon_Lady cheered this 23 months ago
- hhannah cheered this 23 months ago
- seeking~serenity cheered this 23 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 1 year ago
- redstar cheered this 2 years ago
- guess_whos_bizzack cheered this 2 years ago
- Speak_Now cheered this 2 years ago
- Mandy147 cheered this 2 years ago