this has been an interesting “virtue” or goal to keep an eye on. It is one that by design will never really be conquored but I am grateful for the stregnth of spirit to overcome some situations I faced this year and can look myself in the eye and say “hot damn, i hope i don’t have to deal with that shiz again!” what you thought I was gonna be all deep? :-)
funchilde has written 12 entries about this goal
crazy situation. someone sent a somewhat nasty note to my supervisor about a situation i was involved in essentially trying to blow me out of the water. I am proud that I had already briefed the Supe on the issue and was transparent about it. Then, I realized I have the Supes e-mail passwords, etc (I guess I really am trusted!) and I could have deleted the disparaging e-mail without my Supe ever seeing it or knowing about the situation. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t cross my mind, but I realized I’d always wonder if it would catch up to me and I didn’t want to be that person who gets caught at something truly stupid. It gets better, I went for a walk to blow off some steam and the person called, we talked through the situation and she sent a follow up email to the Supe apologizing for her earlier email! So I like to think I’m being rewarded for my integrity. It was hard though.
I finally mailed the damn thing off to professor horniman. i hope he grants me a grade, but even if he doesn’t…i followed through.
I landed a teeny, tiny client today and one of the things he cited was that I brought up a potential conflict of interest situation. He said none of my (industry) peers ever brought it up and it impressed him. I remember struggling over wether or not to worry about it b/c the money is so little, but I’m glad that I did.
Major project finished. I handed in the project report this morning at 8am. 7:57am to be exact. The movers are coming to put everything in storage. 2 things.
1. I was horrible to one of the maintenance guys when he was helping me out with finding boxes last week. Today I got the chance to apologize to him in person in front of his colleague. I hate being an arse, but I love it when I figure it out and attempt to correct it.
2. I could have overbilled expenses on this project (and lord knows I don’t make alot of money on it) but I didn’t and I’m proud.
I also mailed over some course evals to a professor who taught in our program this summer. I’m glad I followed through, I even sent a handwritten thank you note with the evals.
Finally, the Strategy Project! Its 90% complete. I have to do the written report and I e-mailed the professor and registrar to set up dates to turn it in and prayerfully get it graded on my transcript and off my to-do list! hallelujah!
1. I finally finished the last component of the IC project! Last item mailed today! What a weight off my mind.
2. I dropped off the items that DC wanted me to take to UCS. Now that is off my mind AND out of my office!
3. Mailed the two books I borrowed from the NY office back. Also motivated by my lack of space and lack of desire to carry stuff around!
Strategy project: but I’m 80% done!
i returned to guanajuato and had a 300 pesos ($30) hotel bill to settle up and they trusted me to come back and do it, and i did. it was never a question, but i love that i was trusted, especially with someone’s business profits.
-told a guy in guanajuato mexico that i’d make him a cd about 3 weeks ago. he probably forgot about it and me. it felt good to show up at Bar Ocho today and drop off the cd to Javel.
-finish IC project
-finish strategy project
i told a spanish couple that i would e-mail them pictures of them and their bar that i took. unfortunately i lost the e-mail. so i bought a disc, downloaded the pics and walked them over to the bar and gave the packet to a friend of theirs that I met a couple of nights ago.
-completed the IC project from my end
-sent jc and lk’s GT tips via mail
-LEAD documents complete!
-Contact coachees complete!
still need to:
-finish strategy project
funchilde has gotten 29 cheers on this goal.
- pystone cheered this 4 years ago
- leahjt cheered this 6 years ago
- cncman333 cheered this 6 years ago
- Legerd the crooked tree cheered this 6 years ago
- StaceySB cheered this 6 years ago
- zoso28 cheered this 6 years ago
- Compassionist cheered this 6 years ago
- catspajamas cheered this 6 years ago
- hehegirl89 cheered this 6 years ago
- gorillagal3 cheered this 6 years ago
- ebmoon cheered this 7 years ago
- inthesedreams cheered this 7 years ago
- Happy Phantom cheered this 7 years ago
- zoesdare cheered this 7 years ago
- Mrs. Bryce cheered this 7 years ago
- Ride 'em Shaia cheered this 7 years ago
- FairlyFearless cheered this 7 years ago
- Quinn cheered this 7 years ago
- titilayo cheered this 7 years ago
- Chewingfoil is sorry cheered this 7 years ago
- sayner cheered this 7 years ago