went to the free practice holes with fauxphew Josh and chipped and putted for an hour or so. It was gorgeous out today.
www.yourlocalforddealers.com/ Get a Side-by-Side Comparison of Ford Focus & the Competition Now!
funchilde has written 31 entries about this goal
Walked 9 holes with JoJo and Tom. It was fun. 2hr 20m.
I made myself leave the office and go hit golf balls at the local range. I should’ve gotten a small bucket of balls instead of medium because I was tired and ran out of steam. I worked my way through my 3 iron and 5 iron and my driver.
Sham and I split a large bucket of balls and had a beer each at sundown. I really like this facility. We also spent about a half hour on the putting green too.
I think I corrected my putting stance but am not sure my grip is right.
I worked through all if my irons with NO tee! This is one of the ways I will improve my game..
Sham asked me about grip and I helped her get hers straight. She was leading/planting wrong hand first. And I was able to explain to her the irons (length and loft) which made me feel pretty cool.
I am bringing my clubs back home to Hanover and looking forward to getting out on the course this week!
On a couple of occassions recently I have had the chance to get on my soapbox about why I enjoy the game/sport of Golf. This guy today said he was interested but heard it was expensive. My response was that I don’t know of any “true” hobbie that doesn’t have a “cost” associated with it. I don’t consider watching TV a hobby, but if you’re a film nut then you spend a bit on films and film festivals right? If you knit then classes, needles and yarn, cigars, model building, even bodybuilding…all have costs, so it is a matter of sorting your priorities and putting your money where your heart/passion/interest is.
1. It is a game you can grow old with. As long as you can walk and swing your arms and see…you can golf.
2. Solo or w/ Someone(s). I like that some days I can go out and hit balls or play alone when I need to clear my head or commune with nature. And I like that I can go with friends and acquaintances and you spend quality time talking and laughing. It is a great way to get to know someone.
3. It is fairly international. You can go to alot of places and find a course or a range.
4. It is exercise that doesn’t feel like exercise.
5. The opportunity to be outside in nature.
6. Total disconnect from modern technology.
7. Even when you’re playing/competing against other golfers, you’re only every really competing against yourself.
Went to East Potomac Park Driving range w/ my best bud S. It was blazing hot but it is a nice facility.
We went back up to Swannanoa yesterday for 18 holes. I only played the front 9. I was tired and shooting poorly and getting frustrated which = no fun, so I called it a day and rode with Dana and Karla as they played out the last 9 holes.
It was chilly and foggy on the mountain, maybe mid-60s? so I had on a long sleeved t shirt, a polo and my windbreaker! It was still a great day. Afterwards we came down into town, had pizza and beer and then napped before an evening wedding. Sublime!
D and I played Swannanoa again today. We started off terribly rocky but improved as the day wore on. I must admit though, that at one point I got so frustrated that I threw my club! arrrrgh.
I think I’m stuck in terms of progress. I really need to work on and/or take some instruction in my short game. I need help with pitching, sand-wedge and putting. But, it was gorgeous (80s) and sunny on the mountain today.
Afterwards we drove over to sonic and I got a small rootbeer float and D got a fountain vanilla cherry coke. Woke us up for the ride back down to Charlottesville.
We may play again Friday and Saturday. I’m waiting to hear about going fishing and then we’ll figure out the golf. We have a wedding Saturday night so we’ll play early Saturday I’m guessing, but we need to get a tee time.
played my favorite course today. Swannanoa off exit 99 on the Blue Ridge Pkwy in Virginia. 18 holes with one of my favorite friends, beer, sunshine and a lovely breeze. Heaven!
Today was nuts at work. I made myself leave at 6pm. I wanted to go home and lay down but I made myself go to the range. I think I needed a snack so I had some coffee and peanut butter crackers.
I hit a small bucket + 1/4 of a bucket (someone left behind). I am hitting well with my 3 and 5 irons. Okay with the 7 iron. I had good mojo with my 19 degree fairway wood. My woods were only fair today.
Glad I made it. It was a beautiful afternoon.
funchilde has gotten 26 cheers on this goal.
- lovely_lizzy cheered this 19 months ago
- Dreamer~ cheered this 19 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 19 months ago
- Josh cheered this 23 months ago
- Lion Heart cheered this 2 years ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 2 years ago
- Speak_Now cheered this 2 years ago
- Suzi cheered this 2 years ago
- thisthin cheered this 2 years ago
- Khai McBride cheered this 2 years ago
- renewalsh cheered this 3 years ago
- bluefish0526 cheered this 3 years ago
- LouPickles cheered this 3 years ago
- Straha cheered this 3 years ago
- yogamom cheered this 3 years ago
- Carla cheered this 3 years ago
- 14cauliflowers cheered this 3 years ago
- DoggerBogger2 cheered this 3 years ago
- lob cheered this 3 years ago
- sekhmet1970 cheered this 3 years ago
- SWANSEAJO cheered this 3 years ago