I reviewed the budget and expenditures for Feb and Mar. In short – I need to tighten up the grocery budget. But overall – doing ok. All the accounts are current. Now I can focus on the investment accts.
mastersinlaw.tjsl.edu/ Earn a Masters in Financial Serv. and Taxation Online. Apply Today!
www.uc3m.es/master-finance Master in Finance 100% english Top-ranked University. Apply Now!
www.pace.edu/ Earn Your MS in Financial Mgmt at Pace University. Get MS Prog info.
www.money.usatoday.com/ Read the Latest Finance Stories at the USA TODAY Website.
Rae has written 14 entries about this goal
I reconciled the credit card account and the banking account yesterday. The IRA seems to have debited for Feb and Mar.
Here is what I still have to do:
1. Compared budget and spent for Feb and Mar
2. Set up online access to IRA
3. Allocate funds in IRA and Simple
4. Review life insurance info
5. File papers
6. Rvw and enroll in Hlth rewards plans for Jeff and me
It looks like BCBS will allow me to increase my deductible effective April – this is great and will save me $100/mo! Which will more than compensate for the additional life insurance that I will purchase.
I spent yesterday afternoon researching questions I have, setting up online accounts, and requesting information:
1. Make a decision about Life Insurance – called NYLife agent for quote and confirmed with TransAmerica that will need some health exams
2. Move savings to MMA – DONE – moved all $ to best rate account I could find
3. Make a decision about health insurance – requested to change my BCBS deductible amount but I am not sure I can since it isn’t open enrollment but I hope to hear from them; asked about the Aetna preferred providers
4. Set up on-line accts for IRAs and MMA – MMA is DONE; IRA is started but still pending 4 accounts
5. Incorporate checking IRA accts into monthly reconciliation – did this for Feb but one IRA acct hasn’t been debited yet
I still have a few things to do:
1. Make a decision about Life Insurance – still need to do
2. Move savings to MMA – perhaps a new one? – done – but didn’t open a new one; couldn’t find a better rate
3. Get my credit card unlocked – done
4. Make a decision about health insurance – still need to do
5. Set up on-line accts for IRAs and MMA – still need to do
6. Incorporate checking IRA accts into monthly reconciliation – still need to do
We met with the adviser on Saturday. And, he presented a very do-able goal and showed us what to expect. We set up 3 acct (2 indie and 1 unqualified). And, we are looking at more insurance. Overall, I feel much better about things and it was easier than I thought. Auto drafts for the accts will start mid Feb.
I still have a few things to do:
1. Make a decision about Life Insurance
2. Move savings to MMA – perhaps a new one?
3. Get my credit card unlocked
4. Make a decision about health insurance
5. Set up on-line accts for IRAs and MMA
6. Incorporate checking IRA accts into monthly reconciliation
While I was cleaning out ‘the box’ I found the Ameritrade file. On the suggestion of an engineer friend, I bought some shares in a company when on-line sales were in their infancy. I think I bought about $120 worth. It looks like it converted to a money market account worth about $1500. I will discuss closing this with the financial adviser. Part of my goals is to consolidate accounts to take advantage of break points – and to make it easier on me.
I am meeting with some one today. I hope it goes well.
I have summarized 2012 using my credit card and check register spreadsheets. I noticed increased fees in some areas and was shocked to see how much money we (I) spend on groceries! It is hard to see the numbers but necessary. Any way, the budget is in place and do-able. All I have to do now is finish Pottery by Rae and gather tax info!
I am trying to enroll in a virtual banking account that will allow me to scan checks and deposit them but they keep putting me on hold…
Rae has gotten 9 cheers on this goal.
- wunderland cheered this 3 months ago
- aphel cheered this 7 months ago
- iamcarson cheered this 7 months ago
- DayDreamer37 cheered this 7 months ago
- jimrin cheered this 10 months ago
- Ru ~ dig deeper cheered this 12 months ago
- yogamom cheered this 13 months ago
- TheCatsMother cheered this 14 months ago
- lovely_lizzy cheered this 14 months ago