1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that
will support a 10 pound possum.
2. Which of these cars will rust out the quickest when placed on
blocks in your front yard?
(A) ‘65 Ford Fairlane (B) ‘69 Chevrolet Chevelle© ‘64 Pontiac GTO.
3. If your uncle builds a still which operates at a capacity of
20 gallons of shine produced per hour.
How many car radiators are required to condense the product?
4. A woodcutter has a chainsaw which operates at 2700 RPM. The
density of the pine trees in the plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches.
How many Budweisers will be drunk before the trees are cut down?
5. A front porch is constructed of 2×8 pine on 24-inch centers
with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1-inch rough sawn pine.
When the porch collapses, how many dogs will be killed?
6. A man owns a Georgia house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow
with an average slope of 15%. The man has five children. Can each of his grown children place a mobile home on the man’s land and,
still have enough property for their electric appliances to sit out front?
7. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding 900 yards down a
steep slope on a secondary road at 45 MPH. The brakes fail. Given average traffic conditions on secondary roads,
what is the probability that it will strike a vehicle with a muffler? (my favorite).
8. With a gene pool reduction of 7.5% per generation, how long
will it take a town which has been bypassed by the Interstate to breed a country-western singer?
Did I just write that? Bad!