Lousy rainy weather and the holiday put me off my program. Going to resist the urge to just quit and pick up again. Too much QUITTING in my life lately.
events.doctorswithoutborders.org/ Join Team Doctors Without Borders to Deliver Care Where Most Needed
www.ask.com/Marathon+Running+Trainers Marathon Running Trainers. Discover and Explore on Ask.com!
www.torontomarathon.com/ Fast & Scenic Course. Great Boston Qualifier. Register Online Today!
www.mymarathontrainingplan.com/ Run your personal best Personalized training plans
hawkwild has written 5 entries about this goal
Kept to the training schedule today, too. Yay! Wonder what will happen when I actually have to RUN? ;-)
Good shoes: Check
Moisture Wicking Workout Gear: Check
So, following the Book, as a non runner, I did a brisk (4 mph) walk for 30 minutes today. (2 miles). I am not going to rush this.
It actually felt really good, and was a lot more interesting than doing it on a treadmill (what a suprise).
Every year the New York City Marathon happens, and every year I think, “I really should start training for next year now.”
Does anyone have any advice on going from being a non-runner to running a marathon in one year? Any books, etc. to recommend?
hawkwild has gotten 12 cheers on this goal.
- leonard cheered this 6 years ago
- Chances are... cheered this 6 years ago
- alterego66 cheered this 6 years ago
- Trauma_Junkie cheered this 7 years ago
- heatherbanana cheered this 7 years ago
- Beverlina cheered this 7 years ago
- slytherin_angel cheered this 7 years ago
- robtee cheered this 7 years ago
- McKay cheered this 7 years ago
- ceesmiles cheered this 7 years ago
- namelessgirl cheered this 7 years ago
- Heather cheered this 8 years ago