I was glad to welcome my son home
from his 5 year stint in the Marines.
He and 2 of his best friends enlisted
the year after they graduated from High School.
As a father, I was torn.
But supported their decision.
All 3 of them became men and have valuable experience.
2 are back from the Corps.
One reenlisted and changed his classification
He now has the level of excitement he desired…
I hope he also has luck.
My fingers are crossed for you Skyler…
heaveemetal has written 8 entries about this goal
I was glad to welcome my son home
that no matter how good or bad things may seem for you at the moment…the knowledge that somewhere…right now there is such a place…or many that one can visit where relaxation and sounds soothe the soul…
as we are all…like someone who hasn’t had a drink in a long time…lack of water can kill you or cause serious health problems…as one who hungers and walks by restaurants gazing into the windows and salivating, for without food over a period of time you could die or suffer horrific health problems…
Like the saying…
“Dig a well before you are thirsty.”
- Chinese proverb
You could be surrounded but still die because you personally would have none or too little of what you wanted and / or needed…
But then out of the blue would be an offer of an ocean of clear and sparkling water…or an all you could eat buffet of healthy and delicious food…And then you would live…and be happy…
after having no activity on the house being shown….we have had 1 Monday…1 Tuesday…2 today…and one set for Saturday….:D…
1. It was perfect…..seamless….At the absolute right time….I think for both
2. It was meaningful and deep
3. It was the most powerful thing I have ever felt….emotionally, spiritually and physically
4. It was invigorating and exciting
5. As I had no hope or confidence before….As we went along…I was shown how wrong I had been and I was educated on how much beauty there is in people…and this world
6. I had no clue how I would ever proceed and prosper in my future….Until my hand was taken and I was led to where I could see clearly
7. As important as it was for me….I know it was just as important for you….because I felt it…and I know
8 There are many more positives than I ever could hope to list here….These just scratch the surface
1. All has changed…...
every day…through thoughts…deeds…and events…breathtaking …beautiful plans…
So far…so good…
California sent me a $50.00 gift certificate out of the blue for My 50th birthday…(really nice)....at Amazon.com….so I ordered a nice down comforter and a warm fuzzy blanket to cuddle under…W00T!!!!
The negative is always what I first consider when new situations present themselves…I don’t like it…I am going to try and mull over the positive first…before diving into the other side…It will be more fun…Why do I do this in reverse order??...mental conditioning?...Is it what I usually expect??...such a small adjustment may make a big difference…
heaveemetal has gotten 165 cheers on this goal.
- juneair cheered this 6 months ago
- wraiths82 cheered this 8 months ago
- indiannie_jones cheered this 9 months ago
- boocupid cheered this 9 months ago
- Optionally_Mine cheered this 9 months ago
- iamcarson cheered this 10 months ago
- lumpydumpling cheered this 12 months ago
- Peggy Hill cheered this 12 months ago
- ☺☺ Attitude ☺☺ cheered this 13 months ago
- Katie77 cheered this 15 months ago
- seasonsoflove cheered this 15 months ago
- skyPRINCE cheered this 16 months ago
- pixie2122 cheered this 16 months ago
- irishka3 cheered this 19 months ago
- buffalosnowangel cheered this 22 months ago
- Shaylaine cheered this 23 months ago
- cluricaune cheered this 23 months ago
- More Than Molotov cheered this 1 year ago
- besidequietwaters cheered this 2 years ago
- she's afraid of the light in the dark cheered this 2 years ago
- newsurfiegirl cheered this 2 years ago