Today… has just been one of those days… but I did play my guitar for 30 minutes. So there ya go.
Stephanie has written 50 entries about this goal
Worked on a song Bobby taught me a while ago, and I couldn’t remember what the next chord was.. so I went to dad to see if he could help me figure out. He taught me different kinds of chords & i have an information overload!
Anyway, for Day 5
I need to work on the song Hurt that I’m going to play with Mary Geraldine. She’s going to uke it, & I’m going to gui it.
I’ll work on that, and the lovely pentatonic scale.
I’ll also work on studying my major scales as well and figuring out what notes are where.
Practiced chord changes on Stairway to Heaven
& continued to practice my chord changes
Relearning the pentatonic scale pattern. I think it makes my dad happy I’m asking him to reteach me some stuff.
Freshened up on Desperado.
Worked on major scales.
What does Day 4 hold?
I think I’ll work on pentatonic scales some more with a metronome.
Keep working on Stairway to Heaven.
I want to start learning Canon in D.
30 minutes + on guitar.
Dad taught me the beginning of Stairway To Heaven
& I quickly learned the chords to Brown Eyed Girl.
I’ve had this goal for far too long…
I really need to do something about that O_o
this is my second highest goal that people have cheered on my list…
picking up the guitar AGAIN… maybe this time will be the time :)
1) G Scale
I have noticed the difference from yesterday and I am much more smoother with it!
2) Strumming Patterns
Didn’t use a pick today cause I tried calling my father to ask him for advice, but I have not gotten a hold of him yet. Maybe I will soon. I just get so frustrated otherwise, but tomorrow, I will definitely use a guitar pick.
Have not looked up the strumming patterns for the song yet, but switching from each chord is becoming very natural for my fingers. Tomorrow I shall look up the chord progression (hopefully I should be able to find it).
I didn’t really follow my set schedule today. I have realized, I hate strumming or doing anything with a pick, I’d rather just use my own fingers. But I think it’s important I at least know how to play with a pick just so I can say I can.
I did go through my G-Scale & working on the next pattern up with it. It’s getting much more smoother as I practice.
I tried working on Pattern #3. It is so difficult for me to accent on the 2nd & 4th beat with a pick, but I can do it great with my fingers! Something I’ll have to keep working on!
Brushed up on a few songs from the past. Worked on Free Bird, Desperado, and Dream On :) It was very fun!
Maybe I should call my dad & tell him about my pick troubles…
Just got done practice a bit, and I have a hard time playing guitar with the metronome!
Got the first pattern up to 100 on the metronome. I need to start practicing the other patterns for the G Major Scale with a metronome.
2) Strum Patterns 1 – 4
I find it most difficult to strum with a metronome.
Also, I was having a bit of of trouble with Pattern 3 because I was having difficulties placing the accent on beat 2 and 4. This is something I’ll have to work on more.
3) Song – David Crowder Band – How He Loves
I was playing, practicing going through the chords. I’m getting better with going from my G to F chord. Now I need to look up the strum pattern for it so I can be sure I am strumming it correctly.
In the last few minutes I played a few fun songs :)
Free Bird & Desperado!
Had an overall good practice! Now to do the same thing tomorrow & improve in those areas!
okie dokie! haha
day 1 (for the 1059325739th time hehe)
I have more of a plan this time!
(Don’t I always have a plan?)
How I want to spend my 30 minutes:
1) Practice my scale patterns with the G Major Scale (and learn the notes I am playing as to where they are located on the guitar) for a week.
2) Practice my strumming patterns (this is something I am very poor at). I have a book that has a total of 24 patterns. So I want to work on 4 patterns for 3 days, and then work on the next four.
3) I want to work on one song (a very easy one) for the first 7 days. I want to be able to play it with confidence, not having to think of how to make it from G Chord to F Chord. This song I shall master in 7 days is David Crowder Band “How He Loves”
I think this way, I’m not too overwhelmed with what I have to do.
Stephanie has gotten 25 cheers on this goal.
- Harmless Dilettante cheered this 23 months ago
- calypte cheered this 2 years ago
- Cristina cheered this 2 years ago
- shapeshifter_v cheered this 2 years ago
- Speak_Now cheered this 2 years ago
- ra-ra cheered this 2 years ago
- Beetty cheered this 2 years ago
- Dreamer~ cheered this 2 years ago
- korrynne cheered this 2 years ago
- zhelia cheered this 3 years ago
- ExperimentMonty cheered this 3 years ago
- Joe Mayer cheered this 3 years ago
- renewalsh cheered this 3 years ago
- Eimear cheered this 3 years ago
- nifwlseirff cheered this 3 years ago
- Daphne cheered this 3 years ago
- runwim cheered this 3 years ago
- bultmagl cheered this 3 years ago
- quackman cheered this 3 years ago
- Haley cheered this 3 years ago
- salaleigh cheered this 3 years ago