I have some concerns with a coworker who works on the same development as me but has totally different responsibilities. She has been with the development since the beginning so she has senority but is not my boss. She likes to pretend that she is my boss by telling me what to do. I am not found of this at all. My real boss and I don’t talk that much, I do my job and he does his. My boss and I are not in the same building and we never see each other. I am going to schedule an appointment with him to discuss his expectations of me during the summer. During this meeting I am nicely going to bring up how stupid face is always having me do her work plus she thinks she can boss me around. Two can play at her stupid little game. But by “playing her game” I am not being assertive. I do not want to be seen as a manipulative jerk like her so I am going to compose myself first and then schedule this meeting. I believe my boss is a good man and will want to meet with me, he is just super busy and must think I am doing okay on my own. I am doing okay I just want to know what he expects. This summer my job is going to kick my ass and I am not looking forward to it.
www.corporatetrainingmaterials.com/ Soft skills training materials to teach workplace assertiveness.
iamascott has written 3 entries about this goal
Last night I got my feeling hurt and it was embrassing. I walked away from the situation and went home. I took the car that both of us had arrived in but I really didn’t care at that time. I told someone I was leaving and to tell the other person if they needed a ride to call me. I went to bed. I was pleased with how I handled the situation. I think to make a big scene shows a lack of confidence as well. I really wanted to go right up to him and slap him in his face then tell him to shut up. But instead I made my point and didn’t have to yell or hit. It was assertive, not passive or aggressive. Hooray me!
...and it is a good thing. I think by not smoking I am more sure of myself therefore I can be more assertive. Although I can not think of to many examples at this time I know I have been more assertive since making this a thing. I will continue to be aware and assert myself.
iamascott has gotten 17 cheers on this goal.
- serendipaciousness cheered this 2 years ago
- PeriwinkleAdonis cheered this 3 years ago
- dragonfly35 cheered this 3 years ago
- that one girl cheered this 4 years ago
- spreadyourwings cheered this 5 years ago
- llong cheered this 5 years ago
- EastLondoner cheered this 5 years ago
- Down to One cheered this 5 years ago
- Loco cheered this 5 years ago
- mooniebutt cheered this 5 years ago
- Trauma_Junkie cheered this 5 years ago
- AnyaLee cheered this 5 years ago
- Nee cheered this 5 years ago
- lagnappe cheered this 5 years ago
- Amergin1979 cheered this 5 years ago
- IUsedTo cheered this 5 years ago
- ~lg! cheered this 5 years ago