I’m glad I’m counting my blessings! Looking forward to the next quarter!
ihaveneatstuff has written 5 entries about this goal
Every year my mom-in-law and our son come down to Oklahoma. It’s always a blast. This year my father-in-law and Michael’s cousin Jess came as well. It was wonderful! Michael was so excited. His dad had known him as a child (of course) and as a junkie but has not seen him in a few years. They talked on the phone and shared pictures but Michael David had never seen Michael Jon as the wonderful person, husband and father that he has grown into. He had never seen the beautiful home that Michael has built for us. Jess was a junkie years ago right along with us. Some bad things went down. We had all made amends to one another but had never had the chance to spend quality time with each other, especially Michael and Jess, to actually heal and get past the hurt and insecurities. This visit accomplished that. They had always been so close before all the crap hit the fan. When she first got here it was so obvious that she felt uncomfortable. Jess and Michael went out, just the two of them, and talked, played and laughed and they reconnected. By the time it was time for Jess and Dad to leave neither one of them wanted to leave. Jess came up and hugged me from behind and told me I was a good mom. It meant more then anything else she could have said to me. It was a wonderful visit that was good for everyone involved. Mom and Kevin still have a week here. Life is great! I am so happy. My life, our lives have come so far. We beat the odds. Not many couples can use together and stop using together. We did and we have a beautiful family and a life full of love and peace and a future so bright that it shines like the sun! Sobriety Rocks!
New because my Dad has never had a big party like the one he had yesterday and fulfilling because he was so happy with it! May is officially checked off the list for this goal.
1. Am bringing in money to help pay our bills. Relatively new as I’ve been a stay-at-home mom for the last 5 years and very fulfilling!
2. Am re-building my relationship with my oldest. New and fulfilling.
3. Am helping the recovery program at our church with finding funds to run Taterhedz and people to sit on the board. New and fulfilling.
4. Decided to start cleaning a window client’s house two times a month. Not new; somewhat fulfilling and nice to have the extra cash!
5. Am re-learning to REALLY listen while people are talking to me (especially my husband and children). I caught myself tuning them out while I smiled and nodded. NOT COOL! I used to be very good at this. Would like to be again. Not new, very fulfilling.
6. Am almost done with the renovations. NEW AND FULFILLING!
I am really looking forward to May!
It’s a potato-processing business that my friend/minister started up to help some of the people in my church pay their bills. It has been new in as far as working for someone and I believe it will be fulfilling when I get paid. We have 600.00 dollars in rent and utilities that we need to cover every month. I get a lot of pleasure being able to help out with bringing in the money with out having to leave my kids.