My kids have been here since Monday, so Tuesday’s “real” clean was missed again It’s been bucketing rain for days, so no gardening and there has been zero interest in my car. I think it may be time to hit the dealers.
Focussing on the things I have
- I borrowed a novel from the library today
- I completed the first meditation lesson
- I started writing a song
- I’ve been moisturising
I’m going to get into Wreck this Journal in the morning and B and I will be doing the hour tomorrow, either whilst driving to the movies, walking or having lunch (maybe all 3!).
I’ve been feeling like I’m neglecting this goal and then I realised it’s only day 8!! I think I’ve crammed so much into the last week I thought it was about the 20th. But, let’s take a look at the list and see why I feel this way:
1. Read a novel nope
2. Plant some herbs and green leafy veg nup
3. Prune, weed and mulch uh-uh
4. Sell the car trying
5. Buy a car need to sell the other one first
6. Wreck this journal have started
7. Learn something new on guitar barely picked it up
8. Pledge not to raise my voice for a month unless I’m singing no
9. Moisturise daily YES!
10. Busk at 3 markets in June no and it’s forecast to rain AGAIN this Sunday
11. Go to a hoopdance class YES. DONE.
12. Book in “the hour” with B for each week in June and then DO ITI tried. I met with resistance. I retreated. I will try again.
13. Really clean the house every Tuesday oh.. I kinda cleaned it this week
14. Dabble in online tarot and meditation courses have dabbled in tarot, avoiding meditation for some reason probably ‘cause I need it
15. Look into ways to learn Dutch YES. I can log in to an online program for free through my library, but I have not. But I only had to “look into” it, and that I have definitively done!
16. Write at least 2 songs what do you reckon?
~ sigh ~ My kids go to their dad’s on Saturday, then it will be my time to catch up and forge ahead, this I pledge.
I bailed out of today’s goal. I have been planning to busk at today’s market for weeks. Then I went out for dinner and slept in until 0930 this morning! It was POURING rain. I decided not to go. I felt slack. I checked the radar – more rain coming. I checked the market website – markets are ON today. Fuck. I don’t feel like forging ahead today. I feel like catching up. I’m not going to beat myself up about this.
I practised playing my songs. I’m glad I backed out. There’s no way I could’ve felt good about playing like that in public!
Regardless of my spineless behaviour, I have acheived a lot so far this morning – hooping, a few pages of wreck this journal, indoor laundry, guitar practise. Next online tarot lesson, meditation, moisturise and a bit more guitar. I might even have a go at a new song…
1. Read a novel
2. Plant some herbs and green leafy veg
3. Prune, weed and mulch
4. Sell the car
5. Buy a car
6. Wreck this journal
7. Learn something new on guitar
8. Pledge not to raise my voice for a month unless I’m singing
9. Moisturise daily
10. Busk at 3 markets in June
11. Go to a hoopdance class
12. Book in “the hour” with B for each week in June and then DO IT
13. Really clean the house every Tuesday
14. Dabble in online tarot and meditation courses
15. Look into ways to learn Dutch
16. Write at least 2 songs
Sheez, it’s a bit of a doozy, but I’ve got 3 weeks between semesters now to catch up with stuff I’ve missed and get ahead before it’s back to uni.
Tried to cheer you all but ran out, sorry if I missed you. Please accept this virtual cheer in it’s place.