I’m going to mark it as done for now though, because I feel like I definitely do interesting things with my life and certainly something new or different every month. I may revive it later on if I get stuck in a rut again. It was definitely worth doing and fun to look back on everything I did per month. Also nice to look back and get ideas for what to do currently! Some things were worth it, others not, but all in all I had a great time.
inthesky has written 41 entries about this goal
I flew (as in piloted) an airplane today!! Taxied down the runway of a major airport, did the actual take off(!), flew around downtown for a while…oh my gosh, SO AMAZING!!!!!!
Wow, I didn’t know I hadn’t updated this in so long.
1) Went to a quilt exhibit that also had lots of old cars in the parking lot to look at. Pretty neat stuff.
2) Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt – surprisingly delicious.
3) Flew to Los Angeles.
4) Wandered around Malibu Beach and watched the surfers.
5) Went to Hollywood to photograph the sign and wander the Chinese Theater, etc.
6) Joshua Tree National Park – amazing! Wandered the Mojave and Sonoran Deserts, climbed some rocks, took pictures of the Joshua Trees, saw the San Andreas Fault, photographed blooming cacti, saw a road runner, hiked in sandy washes. Incredible day.
7) Hiked to a waterfall hidden in the Santa Monica Mountains. Beautiful!
8) Took a boat ride out to the Channel Islands National Park for a whale-watching tour. We didn’t see any whales, but we played around in a pod of 1000+ dolphins!
9) Tried prickly pear lemonade – delicious!
10) Tried chipotle chips – holy cow, spicy!!
11) Drove downtown at night to see the city lights – beautiful!
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s about all I can think of right now. Fun month!
1. Went on our annual February trip and explored lots of covered bridges that I’d never been to before.
2. We also visited a cemetery high up on a hill surrounded by low farmland. It was really pretty, kind of spooky, and full of pioneers. Very, very cool.
1. Stopped at an art gallery after work one day and viewed a salon show. Very interesting pieces! There were also photos of snowflakes which were amazing.
2. Went to two different churches. One was full of friendly elderly people and we took Communion which was nice. The other I had been to before (in fact, it’s listed under this goal for January 2010) and it was very lively and welcoming. I’ll be back.
3. Tried some new recipes: Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas (VERY crispy, pretty tasty) and Homemade Potato Chips (more like sliced potatoes than potato chips, but very good nonetheless).
I thought there were more, but that may be all.
3. Snowshoeing! I realize that I had also listed snowshoeing this past February as that was the first time I’d done it, but I’m counting this anew because I went out and bought my own snowshoes and today trekked all around my own backyard! Fabulous! And far less difficult than I had remembered – maybe my snowshoes are narrower than the ones I had used before, because I didn’t have to walk like I’d just gotten off a horse in order to not step on my other foot!
1. Visited the beach after the first big snow. Beautiful!
2. Went to a winter market and had fantastic tacos, bought some jewelry and some pottery.
1. Roadtripped with my uncle from California to see thousands of cranes flocked in a field. It was amazing. Roughly 13,000 huge birds just chillin, squawking, having lunch together. We didn’t stay tooo long because there was a freezing wind, but we took lots of great pictures. Great day.
1. Vintage baseball game. Very fun.
2. Tried some tasty new recipes featuring pure maple syrup and locally stone-ground cornmeal.
3. T’ai Chi Chih classes. Interesting, to say the least. I do like it, though.
13. Tried dandelion soda. Hmm. Tastes a little like licorice? Not so great. Glad I tried it, though.
14. Rosemary flatbread from the farmer’s market – delicious! Crispy, crunchy, slight hint of olive oil. Kind of addicting!
15. Farmer’s market tacos – one chicken and one pork. Amazing! I poured green salsa all over them, thinking it was salsa gordo, and it turned out to be super spicy but still wonderful. They reminded me of the homemade tacos provided for us in Mexico. Ahh, memories. :)
16. Hiked a semi-difficult trail (no rain this time!). The views were incredible, they were ones I hadn’t seen before. Pretty sweet!
17. Tried pattypan squash. Light flavor, not very “squashy” tasting but very good. Nice texture.
inthesky has gotten 87 cheers on this goal.
- moniia cheered this 18 months ago
- stufaluf cheered this 18 months ago
- brilessthan3 cheered this 18 months ago
- colourful soul cheered this 19 months ago
- Georgie cheered this 19 months ago
- Lee Ford cheered this 19 months ago
- TG cheered this 2 years ago
- Tartsy cheered this 2 years ago
- Todd Schoonover cheered this 2 years ago
- Dawn Matthews cheered this 2 years ago
- ShesLikeTheWind cheered this 2 years ago
- [♥]-Emily-[♥] cheered this 2 years ago
- DayDreamer37 cheered this 2 years ago
- Sister MorningSong cheered this 2 years ago
- PurpleIsis cheered this 3 years ago
- Demidog cheered this 3 years ago
- ~ Always Free to Choose ~ cheered this 3 years ago
- firefly1818 cheered this 3 years ago
- Noelle cheered this 3 years ago
- Bradley Anderson cheered this 3 years ago
- moonandabug cheered this 3 years ago