I was directed to this really awesome [free] program for pcs and macs:
It is basically flashcards (in many languages and factoids). There are plenty of free lists to get started – you can buy more.
Basically you pick a list of cards you want to study… say numbers or phrases.
1. You just say the Spanish (or whatever language) after the recorded voice and read the Engligh version.
2. It gives you the Spanish side of the card written & spoken. You say it and think the English. Flip the card, if you are right you tell it. After you pass this section…
3. It gives you the Spanish side of the flashcard and you type the English side. (It says wrong for typos, but you can click allow this answer as well.)
4. Similar to step 3, but in reverse. You see the Enligh side and speak the Spanish side.
5. Finally…it shows you the English side and you type back the Spanish side!
I have found it useful so far.