I’ve been going to my Italian class for the last year, pretty much without fail. I can’t say this is getting me that much closer to speaking Italian with any fluency, but it is getting me more and more comfortable babbling in broken Italian. It is a good brain exercise, whatever else it is. Perhaps if I actually studied grammar (or vocabulary) I’d be making more progress. For now, I’ll just brag about my persistence.
Josh Petersen has written 3 entries about this goal
I’m still slogging away at Italian, but this week I almost gave up. I never make the time to do my homework and then I spend most of the lesson telling stupid stories in the present tense (and often in the wrong person). Beh!
I returned to taking lessons in Italian two weeks ago after an almost six year pause. It is a challenge getting my homework done and a it hurts my brain to speak Italian for a full hour, but all and all it is a pretty satisfying endeavor. My desire was really just to get some mental exercise and not lose to much ground on the year or so I have put into learning Italian. Not sweating fluency or a planned trip to Italy and just focusing on the enjoyable parts of learning a language make this a pleasant experience.
Josh Petersen has gotten 28 cheers on this goal.
- PasadenaSue cheered this 2 years ago
- sitruunapuu cheered this 3 years ago
- racsgirl cheered this 4 years ago
- canonicsonata cheered this 4 years ago
- HippieChick2 cheered this 5 years ago
- Eynar Oxartum cheered this 5 years ago
- Jess cheered this 5 years ago
- MissMango cheered this 6 years ago
- jenlynnjos cheered this 6 years ago
- Karina cheered this 6 years ago
- Violet Sharp cheered this 7 years ago
- take2 cheered this 7 years ago
- Zenxlow cheered this 7 years ago
- psychchic cheered this 8 years ago
- traveltrish cheered this 8 years ago
- eobo who's feeling a bit abstract cheered this 8 years ago
- moonstar7 cheered this 8 years ago
- Hanna! cheered this 8 years ago
- CriminalSalt cheered this 8 years ago
- Stacey cheered this 8 years ago
- mOz cheered this 8 years ago