Firstly – I did it!! I did manage to meet my Action & Adventure goals. Awesome, I feel so good now. That’s also why I’ve been so silent lately – too much to do! To sum up what I did this month…Action
- Finished my Swedish class (with the second highest grade possible)
- Signed up for the summer exam, did the summer exam, feel like it was very easy
- Finished my society & politics essays and returned them today, therefore in time
- Went on a music festival afterparty and met a doctor who wanted to take me home, which I accepted but obviously didn’t let him come in (I do have a boyfriend)
- Had people over on a few evenings to watch movies, cook and have a few drinks
- Had people over from Holland and took them hiking to Hailuoto
- Worked on a music video festival (day and night) and really enjoyed it, however tiring it was
- Went to a job interview, felt like it went well and it did, but didn’t get the job (which I was secretly happy about, because it would’ve taken a big chunk of my free time)
- Got invited to a documentary movie project this autumn
- Tutored new first-year-students plus got exchange students from Germany and Holland this week
I’m very much looking forward to the next month and its bootcamp! I’m ready to face the autumn, studies and everything else included. I think I’ll even try to find a sport that I enjoy. I have such a good feeling about this autumn!
My action & adventure took a hold of me last week (along with the sunny weather), so I skipped over a week. However, now I’m back! This week’s program:
- Finish the remaining essays (2)
- Study for summer exam (it’s NEXT WEEK!)
- Job interview today (eek)
- Music video festival volunteering Wed, Fri & Sat
- Air guitar world championships on Friday (haven’t decided yet if I’m going, though)
- Couchsurfers on Sat-Sun (?)
This is not going well at all! I keep postponing my school stuff for… yeah, what? I don’t do anything important instead! 3 weeks to write 3 essays. Shouldn’t be too hard. If I only could a get a grip of myself and start instead of leaving them for the last week (since I do have other stuff to do this month, too)!
Adventure part, however… I got a couple of adventures for this week.
- Host a party on Friday – mostly my boyfriend’s and my mutual friends, around 10 people, nothing big.
- Host two couchsurfers on Sunday/Monday – been a while since we had couchsurfers (July?)! They’re my boyfriend’s big brother’s friends and Dutch, so if they come on Sunday, my Dutch Day should be very intense, haha.
- I got myself new exchange students for the fall semester! Excited to see who I’ll be tutoring. Three Dutch guys and one German girl so far. This week I won’t be doing anything else than e-mails with them, though.
Last week’s missions went quite well! I never did finish the half an essay that I was supposed to (damn you, ‘Finland’s role in the EU’), but I had lots of adventures instead. We didn’t go on a date with my boyfriend, since I was feeling very weak for the whole Saturday, and this week I don’t think we have the time, so that needs to be postponed a bit. This morning I went to sign up for the summer exam (not a day too early, since today was the last day for that), so that’s out of my way too. School stuff is coming along quite nicely.
This week’s action:
Finish 4 essays (1½ down)
Go wash my grandparents’ sauna
This week’s adventure:
Like yesterday, I started this day by writing. I started and finished a four-page essay on Finnish law system in 1½ hours! I only have to finish the essay I started yesterday to meet this week’s goal of two essays.
Action for this week
- Finish 2 essays (1½ down)
- Sign up for summer exam by Friday
Adventure for this week
- Festival afterparty on Friday
- Date with boyfriend on Saturday
I started my bootcamp by writing half an essay right after waking up! I thought that would be a good beginning.
Action for this week:
Sign up for the summer exam by Friday
Complete 2 essays (½ down)
Adventures for this week:
Festival afterparty on Friday
Date with boyfriend on Saturday (check possible restaurants?)
I was so happy to see the theme for this bootcamp, because that sums up exactly what I’ve decided to start working on! I need to kickstart my life, and August is a perfect month for that. I’m only focusing on the most urgent matters this month, and hopefully continuing my action-packed adventures after August, too!Action
- Tackle my schoolwork: finish my Swedish class, sign up for the summer exam + pick up needed materials, finish my society & politics essays
- Go on a date with my boyfriend
- Explore the town: go do something new every week
Good luck to all the bootcampers!