It’s the rainy season and I haven’t found fenders for my bike, so I’m going to start again in spring.
junipurr has written 24 entries about this goal
Biked to work today and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting to have a desperately hard time of it like I’d had after I got sick, but I was only a bit out of breath. Must be fully recovered now.
Hurt my knee yesterday, so I’m taking a short break for a couple of days to make sure I won’t make it worse.
I’ve been back commuting for the last 3 days. It’s taking longer to recover than I thought it would. I had an awful cold last week and I feel much better, but it’s very slow going on the bike and I’m worn out by the ride home. Hoping it gets easier soon. Fortunately, the weather has been cooperating and it’s not been too terribly hot so far this week.
Husband tightened my wheel and now the tire isn’t rubbing against the fork. I’m not going to ride these next 3 days though, too hot. I draw the line at 100F.
My back wheel is rubbing against the fork of my bike, which makes it feel like I’m riding with the brake on. My husband is going to look at it tonight and see if he can fix it. I would, but I have no mechanical ability to speak of. I hope he manages to fix it in time for the morning ride tomorrow, or I’ll have to take the car. Boo.
Rode in through light drizzle today. Got a bit of a waterstripe but not too bad, really.
Still, I need a fender or maybe a waterproof pannier set that could double as a fender. Ideas?
This morning, the thicket I pass on the bike path was full of many bird families all singing at the top of their tiny lungs. This afternoon on the ride back, we saw a hawk sailing and a half grown rabbit bolting away.
I never got to see this kind of thing while driving.
Excellent article about how to avoid getting hit by cars, with diagrams. I just learned quite a bit from this.
Check out the Safe Road Riding Game link on the right side as well.
Granted, you need to pay for it, but $1/year seems quite reasonable to me.
I might just do this.
junipurr has gotten 19 cheers on this goal.
- bethieb cheered this 5 years ago
- alexw07 cheered this 5 years ago
- itgoesto11 cheered this 5 years ago
- AmyBB25 cheered this 5 years ago
- Luna cheered this 5 years ago
- Besina_Sartor cheered this 5 years ago
- Emma Jones cheered this 5 years ago
- Xenophanes cheered this 5 years ago
- Silly Drowa cheered this 5 years ago
- berru cheered this 5 years ago
- FunnySunny cheered this 5 years ago
- Zap999 cheered this 5 years ago
- keylimepies cheered this 5 years ago
- Maubee cheered this 5 years ago
- Lou is clearing out the nooks & crannies cheered this 6 years ago
- joie de vivre cheered this 6 years ago
- teacherdee cheered this 6 years ago
- Timothy Joko-Veltman cheered this 6 years ago
- Tony cheered this 6 years ago