I volunteered at the community garden in my area. It was nice, and there’s certainly a lot to learn! I’m going to have to get over my aversion to dirty fingernails…
kaid1 has written 10 entries about this goal
This was the website I went through to register with the volunteer center in my area. Filling out a profile took longer than I would’ve expected, but I’ll be able to contact and be contacted about volunteer opportunities near me. Huzzah.
I volunteered at a 5k race in my town. It was a good peek into the 5k world, I can’t wait to be able to run one :)
I went on a roadtrip and paid the toll for the guy behind me.
I participated in an Xmas toys for kids program via Walmart. I bought some little girl legos :)
I turned off the highway to get gas, and there was a homeless woman sitting in the rain with her wilted cardboard sign. I gave her my umbrella, and she told me I was the first person she’s ever seen to think of that. While I don’t think the latter is really true, it felt good to help keep someone out of the weather.
Signed up to volunteer at the nearby hospital’s charity run. Hope to run it myself next year :)
While at the vending machines today after a 2+hr class one of my classmates gave me an orangeade. I hadn’t had breakfast so it was greatly appreciated alongside some crackers I bought. I gave my extra change to a girl who was counting pennies behind me, and I hope to bring my classmate a Dr. Pepper on Monday(which is what he was trying to get in the first place).
I donated 12 books to the local library, and decluttered my bookshelf in the process. I may donate more, but for some reason it’s so hard to give away hardbacks… I’m silly. :)
I got presents for everyone this year, even though our family doesn’t really celebrate. They weren’t much, as we don’t celebrate mainly due to financial straits, but I think everyone enjoyed theirs for the most part.
I definitely gave more than I received, but I’m quite comfortable with the fact.
I think I have trouble paying it forward sometimes because I don’t really have much in the way to give on a regular basis outside of verbal support. I’ll have to think on better ways I can serve others.
After making copies in the library, I put the remainder of my change in the machine for those that follow.
I paid $120 toward my mother’s rent.
Note: I would like my pay-it-forwards to be things that were not asked for. I feel like it’s more meaningful that way. Something to work on in the future.
kaid1 has gotten 17 cheers on this goal.
- Ash cheered this 21 months ago
- joie de vivre cheered this 22 months ago
- 943 cheered this 23 months ago
- jishajacob06 cheered this 23 months ago
- swinglifeaway316 cheered this 23 months ago
- Lune Fromage: Born of Stardust cheered this 23 months ago
- hollymoose78 cheered this 23 months ago
- mwink cheered this 2 years ago
- malenaxsiempre cheered this 2 years ago
- Mathias cheered this 2 years ago
- Asari cheered this 2 years ago
- stufaluf cheered this 2 years ago
- Kitty4984 cheered this 2 years ago
- newsurfiegirl cheered this 3 years ago
- stressybessy cheered this 3 years ago
- SpinCycle cheered this 4 years ago
- Summtime cheered this 4 years ago