This is my very own variation on Flylady’s theme (30 minutes)
- Brew chamomile tea
- Shine sink and put everyhting away
- Empty trash
- Turn off computer
- Shower or cold footbath
- Brush teeth
- Lay out my clothes for next day
- Chamomile cormpresses
If I do this, I sleep well (relatively painlessly) and the next morning is soooo much easier.
The problem is, on most days I’m way too tired to do any of these.
I need to do these more often.
Monday to Saturday: Get up at 6:15
Part 1: Exercise
- get dressed
- morning walk/training, preferably at the track (time: variable = 30-60 min)
Part 2: Daily routine (time = 60 min)
- make coffee
- fill water bottles
- shower/wash hair
- wear my work clothes
- quiet time/planning/emails
- prep ingredients for cooking
Often I have a pre-morning routine: When work is too much and I’m too anxious to sleep more than 3 hours, I wake up (at 4 or 5) and work until it’s time to do the “regular” MR.
On Sundays my schedule is slightly different, as I spend 2 hours doing the MR, then GTD-style weekly review. As I usually go for a long walk with my husband later in the day, I don’t go to the track in the morning.
Update my schedule (on Google calendar).
I find Google calendar to be a very powerful tool.
I especially like the fact that I can color-code activities and maintain a balance between different areas of my life.
My categories include:
- morning routine/weekly review/GTD stuff
- job #1 (shop)
- job #2 (translating)/language lessons/study
- errands (away from home)
- current housework: clean/cook/tidy up/organize
- me-time: exercise/fun/arts
However, the balance has changed (I work far less on job #1 and far more on job #2), so I need to update my schedule so it reflects this.
Then I will be able to follow it consistently again.